• Tweets

• "We suffer more in imagination than in reality" - really pleased this all happened. Settled by TO, full amount save as to costs and without interest claimed. I consider this a success but feel free to move this thread to wherever it's appropriate. I say it's a success because when I started this journey I was in a position of looking to pay interest on all these accounts, allowing them to default stopped that and so even though I am paying the full amount, it is without a doubt reduced from my position 3 years ago and I feel knowing this outcome was possible, happy to gotten this far, defended myself in person and left with a loan with terms I could only dream of, written into law as interest free! I will make better decisions in the future on other accounts, knowing key stages of this whole process. We had the opportunity to speak in court, Judge (feels like just before a ruling) was clear in such that he 'had all the relevant paperwork to make a judgement'. He wasn't pleased I hadn't settled before Court.. but then stated due to WS and verbal arguments on why I haven't settled, from my WS conclusion as follows: "11. The Defendant was not given ample evidence to prove the debt and therefore was not required to enter settlement negotiations. Should the debt be proved in the future, the Defendant is willing to enter such negotiations with the Claimant. "  He offered to stand down the case to give us chance to settle and that that was for my benefit specifically - their Sols didn't want to, he asked me whether I wanted to proceed to judgement or be given the opportunity to settle. Naturally, I snapped his hand off and we entered negotiations (took about 45 minutes). He added I should get legal advice for matters such as these. They were unwilling to agree to a TO unless it was full amount claimed, plus costs, plus interest. Which I rejected as I felt that was unfair in light of the circumstances and the judges comments, I then countered with full amount minus all costs and interest over 84 months. They accepted that. I believe the Judge wouldn't have been happy if they didn't accept a payment plan for the full amount, at this late stage. The judge was very impressed by my articulate defence and WS (Thanks CAG!) he respected that I was wiling to engage with the process but commented only I  can know whether this debt is mine, but stated that Civil cases were based on balance of probabilities, not without shadow of a doubt, and all he needs to determine is whether the account existed. Verbal arguments aside; he has enough evidence in paperwork for that. He clarified that a copy of a DN and NOA is sufficient proof based on balance of probabilities that they were served. I still disagree, but hey, I'm just me.. It's definitely not strict proof as basically I have to prove the negative (I didn't receive them/they were not served), which is impossible. Overall, a great result I think! BT  
    • Seeking further advice now. The 33 days in which the defendant has to submit a defence expires at 16:00 tomorrow. The defendant has submitted an acknowledgement of service but looking to get the claim awarded by default in failure to submit the defence. This is MoneyClaim Online and can see an option to request a default judgement but believe that is for failure to acknowledge the claim within 14 days??  So being MoneyClaim Online, how do I request the claim be awarded in my favour?
    • Have to agree with the above Health and safety legislation is specific in that the service provider in so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all his employees and those not in the employ of the business. You claim is like saying you slipped in the swimming pool area while taking a dip. As rightly stated by by the leisure centre, a sports hall has dedicated equipment and you yourself personally have a legal obligation in mitigating danger or injury to yourself by taking account of your immediate surroundings. Where your claim will fail is if it is reasonable and proportionate to impose liability of the Leisure Centre? The answer has to be no.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Parking Eye 2 x ANPR PCNs - two different vehicles - PAPLOC now claimforms - Kenwood House, Tunbridge Wells - one claim discontinued one ongoing

hi, I hope you can help me.

There is a phone shop in our local town and they have a small private car park for their use and other businesses in the same parade of shops as them.

I have pulled in this car park numerous times and suddenly received a ticket for a 18 minute visit, I didnt see the signs, I spoke to the shop owner who said he will send a copy to the landowner and try to get it cancelled as the parking company had only just put the signs up.

I have now received a 2nd reminder for this. My parents took me to the shop to collect the phone I had repaired and they too have received a PCN for the same thing. The thing is they weren't even in a space during that time, they waited on the side.

BTW the car park was empty both times! 

what should I do???

1 Date of the infringement 28/4/2021

2 Date on the NTK 26/5/2021 

3 Date received 1/6/2021

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] NO - I cant see it anywhere

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? yes  2 x pictures, 1 entering and 1 exiting 

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] no

7 Who is the parking company? Parking Eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Kenwood House, Tunbridge Wells

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA

2021-04-28_PE PCN +DCBL Letter .pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye 2 x ANPR PCNs - Kenwood House, Tunbridge Wells
  • 1 month later...

1 Date of the infringement 28/4/21

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 7/7/21

3 Date received 1/6/21

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] N

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Y

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? Parking Eye

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Kenwood Hse, Tunbridge Wells

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA

There are two official bodies, the BPA and the IAS. If you are unsure,

please check HERE

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here ***Yes I received a NOTICE OF RECOVERY for

Direct collection bailiffs ltd. this letter is attached to the PCN PDF***

I am waiting for pictures of the signs, which are pretty much non existent at the site. I should have these to upload in next 24hrs.

2021-04-28_PE PCN +DCBL Letter.pdf

Thank you very much, I am useless with this. I have sme pictures of the car park now but they are jpeg, how to I change them as i dont think you accept jpeg files do you?

Thanks

Hi

Sorry for all this messing around.

I have finally put the 3 letters received to date ( 1 x PCN, 1 X PCN reminder & 1 x Debt letter) and the pictures of the site onto 1 PDF document which I have attached

also I should mention that on the questionnaire document above I answered no to question 4.

(4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] N)  

Ive just seen that it does actually mention the freedoms act on one of the letters, not sure if that makes a difference?

Hopefully everything has been uploaded and redacted correctly this time, thank you again

Parking eye - me-compressed (1).pdf

• 2 months later...

Hi

Just thought I would show you the latest threatening letter I have received re the above,

can you tell me does this constitute a letter of claim?

my parents have also received the same.

Sorry I didnt have the time or capability to black out the details professionally, but is still legible.

Many thanks for your time

2021-09-23 DCBLegal notice of intended legal action.pdf

• 1 year later...

Thank you for re-opening this thread. I thought it had gone away but I have suddenly received a LETTER OF CLAIM from Dcb legal.  I was last advised not to do anything unless I receive a LETTER BEFORE CLAIM which this looks very much like, am I correct? if so can you please advise what I need to do next if anything

Thanks you in advance

2022-11-07 DCBlegal PAPLOC.pdf

Hi all,

I am really struggling to find a snotty letter template relevant to my case.

When I very first posted this thread it was pointed out that PE did not send the correspondence out within the 14 days period therefore they have slipped up and effectively wouldnt be able to enforce. So should I mention this at this stage?

Could someone please send me a link or help me word a snotty letter as Im getting very confused and dizzy by reading so many different threads and getting nowhere.

I just dont have a clue where to start.

Thank you much appreciate your time

Sorry Im not at all technical, this is a real challenge for me. Ok Ive found that on the left side of this page I was using the search box in top right hand corner. 

The main thing I need to know is do I need to set out my arguments at this point or am I just telling them in a snotty way I will be defending any court case?

Thanks

Hi Thanks for the advice. 

This is my 1st attempt, I have a few questions should I keep the fact that my husband wasnt the driver yet? also should I mention the signage issues? I have included in this 1st draft but can remove if you feel it is best. The main argument in this case is the fact they didnt comply with issuing the pcn within 14 days but I thought Id hold that back till later? Is this snotty enough? any feedback will be appreciated

15th November 2022

Your Ref: XXXXXXXXXX

Dear dcb legal,

I write in response to your so-called “Letter Before Claimdated 7th November 2022 which has just been received in relation to PCN Number XXXXX issued by Parking Eye for alleged parking breaches.

I am writing to confirm that I have no intention of paying this ridiculous, made-up sum of money for allegedly breaking an imaginary contract with your client.

Aside from the fact your client's signage is ridiculously poor and I was not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the alleged parking breaches, this whole claim is nonsense and I’m sure any judge would agree.

I also think that any judge would resent the waste of the Court's time, considering there are gaping holes in the procedures, processes and basic understanding of the Law.

I am no expert in these matters but I am getting assistance from experienced individuals who are and will defend any action you may take vigorously.

Should this case go to court despite having pointed out the futility of doing so, I will be asking the Court not only for an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g), but I will also later sue for breach of GDPR as you knew full well your case was totally flawed but still carried on. The standard for breaches of GDPR is now around £750.

Regards

Name of my husband

Ive just spoke to my mum who has also just received the exact same letter.

As on the the OP I stated 2 x tickets at Kenwood hse within a week of each other...parents were giving me a lift to the same phone shop to collect my damaged phone which I had dropped off a few days prior hence us both receiving a speculative invoice!

so I suppose I need to write a similar snotty letter from her as well?

Ill await feedback before proceeding any further thanks

Ive also just noticed that on all their letters to us they have omitted the property name just put the area, not even the road name.

Its only because our postman knows our names that it got to us, could this also be used as an argument if needed, failed to receive previous letters etc? or is this not relevant?

Thanks for that FTMDave. pLease see below amended letter which if you think is ok I will send off today.

Should I send them recorded delivery?

Also should I put any address (ours or theirs?) at the top of the letter or just as it is?

15th November 2022

Your Ref: XXXXXXXXXX

Dear dcb legal,

I write in response to your so called “Letter Before Claimdated 7th November 2022 which has just been received in relation to PCN Number XXXXX issued by ParkingEye Ltd. for alleged parking breaches.

I am writing to confirm that I have no intention of paying this ridiculous, made-up sum of money for allegedly breaking an imaginary contract with your client.

Now you know and I know and now you know that I know all the reasons your client's PCN is a total dog's dinner.

This whole claim is a nonsense and I'm sure any judge would agree.

I also think that any judge would resent the waste of the Court's time, considering there are gaping holes in the procedures, processes and basic understanding of the Law.

Should this case go to court despite having pointed out the futility of doing so, I will be asking the Court not only for an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g), but I will also later sue for breach of GDPR as you knew full well your case was totally flawed but still carried on. The standard for breaches of GDPR is now around £750.

I have also posted a copy of this letter to PARKINGEYE LTD.

Edited by FTMDave
Personal details showing

Der sorry!!

thanks thats great. 

I will be penning a letter from them shortly and ill put that up for approval as well if thats ok and send them both off at same time. Would you say that the wording in the snotty letter from my mum would have to be completely different from ours or can I use parts of it?

Thank you again

Sorry do you mean yes I should send the same letter? obviously with Mums ref no. on it instead?

Hi Can someone confirm whether the letter I write from my Mum to parking eye can be similar to the one I am sending above or does it have to be completely different text?

thanks

Thanks

this is the final draft, I edited it slightly to make more sense, can you please just confirm its ok to send as is

many thanks

15th November 2022

Your Ref: xxxxx

Dear dcb legal,

I write in response to your so-called “Letter Before Claimdated 7th November 2022 which has just been received in relation to PCN Number xxxxxxxx issued by ParkingEye Ltd. for alleged parking breaches.

This whole claim is a nonsense and I'm sure any judge would agree.

You know and I know that your client's PCN is a total dog's dinner and now you know that I know this, so should this case go to court despite having pointed out the futility of doing so, I will be asking the Court not only for an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g), but I will also later sue for breach of GDPR as you knew full well your case was totally flawed but still carried on. The standard for breaches of GDPR is now around £750.

I have also posted a copy of this letter to PARKINGEYE LTD.

Regards

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Me again. So my parents have received a reply back from dcb legal after we sent the snotty letter. 

I can see this is another final warning before they issue the claim to court without further notice.

Is there anything I should do at this point?

Please see attached letter

Id appreciate your feedback on what to do next if anything

2022-11-24 DCBL snotty letter reply.pdf

• 5 weeks later...

H|i Everyone,

Hope you had a nice christmas and happy new year to you all.

We just received a court summons from Northampton county court on behalf of DCB Legal Ltd. who are as you know acting on behalf of parking eye.

Just a quick recap on the situation. Both my Mum and my husband have both received a summons each for 2 separate alleged violations around the same sort of time for the same place.

The first and last contact we both had with the crooks were that we both sent snotty letters to them. This obviously never worked as they have proceeded forward anyway.

Obviously now my question is what do we do next, the summons were bith issued on 29/12/22 but only received today which only gives us a few days to defend ourselves. So what further info do you need to help me or what do we do next, does this mean we have to travel to northampton? we are based in kent. The alleged breach happened in Kent.

Anxiously awaiting your advice

Thanks

HI Is dx 100uk around to give me some advice on this as Ive heard nothing as of yet?

You say follow him, how do I do that?

Should I go ahead and acknowledge service of the claim now before I get the further advice? thanks

• dx100uk changed the title to Parking Eye 2 x ANPR PCNs PAPLOC now claimform- Kenwood House, Tunbridge Wells

Ok great thanks,

can I just check, because this is in my husbands name and im having to do this on his behalf as he cant even use a smart phone let alone a computer, 

when completing the AOS should I say Im a litigate friend or that he is completing it himself? 

Im only asking because if it does go to court I really need to be there with him as he cant read or write very well at all and would really struggle to argue the relevant points etc in person, any advice appreciated please.

The same goes with my mums one, she is like so many others would have just paid this to make it go away, but I have reassured her that they have done wrong and not to pay.

She is happy for me to write her defence etc. with your advice but again I wouldnt want to see her have to go to court alone to defend this if it came to it.

Thanks