arrow/cabot/resolve call - chasing 9yrs old Blackhorse debt global

Stressed2021
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a debt that’s 9 years old unsure if had a ccj on the debt nothings showing on my credit file on the closed account.  I am aware after six years it no longer shows on my account. My question is I’ve now started to receive a letter from Cabot that was in 2019 stating I owe 10k please call to set up a payment plan then nothing for a year, this time a letter from arrow global stating please contact us same type of letter then I’ve come home to a hand written letter / card stating they called the date and time to my property please contact us urgently. I’ve now received a text message stating I’ve not been in contact after visiting your property please call and quote your reference number. I own my property and have great credit I’m worried if this was a ccj debt they may be able take it further. Im really worried they will keep coming to my property or even worse find where I work and start an attach to my earnings or put a charging order on my property. I’m with a new partner and we bought our home together he has nothing to do with this debt.

sorry to go on anyone else had similar happen. Thank you for your time. 

Hi any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have a debt that’s 9 years old unsure if had a ccj on the debt nothings showing on my credit file on the closed account.

I am aware after six years it no longer shows on my account.

My question is I’ve now started to receive a letter from Cabot that was in 2019 stating I owe 10k please call to set up a payment plan then nothing for a year,

this time a letter from arrow global stating please contact us same type of letter

then I’ve come home to a hand written letter / card stating they called the date and time to my property please contact us urgently.

I’ve now received a text message stating I’ve not been in contact after visiting your property please call and quote your reference number.

I own my property and have great credit I’m worried if this was a ccj debt they may be able take it further.

Im really worried they will keep coming to my property or even worse find where I work and start an attach to my earnings or put a charging order on my property.

I’m with a new partner and we bought our home together he has nothing to do with this debt.

sorry to go on anyone else had similar happen.

Thank you for your time. 

Edited by BankFodder
Restructured in order to make it readable

They are not Bailiffs, and cannot do anything of the sort to you.

Cabot are powerless DCA’s who like to pretend they are bailiffs. That said, who was the original creditor and when did you make the last payment?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Did you ever see a CCJ on your credit file at any time since the debt defaulted?

Even if there was one that has now dropped off after 6 years,  it would be vanishingly unlikely for them to be able to enforce it.

It’s safe to ignore, unless of course they are stupid enough to send you a letter before action. Something that is supremely unlikely at this point.

One more thing, have you changed address in the last 9 years?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes changed address 3 times been registered on the electoral roll each time moved rented now bought my home 2 years ago.  

I wasn’t even aware had a ccj till checked my credit file in the closed accounts and it said ccj as my mortgage advisor said if I waited 1 more year it would drop of and she could get me a better mortgage deal

I just for the life of me can’t think if the ccj was for the black horse loan. I was young and stupid with money now I’ve tried hard over the years to clear all my other debt at the time I went to citizens advice they told me doing nothing is doing something with this debt.

The debt was in a joint name me and my ex husband we haven’t spoken in years he doesn’t even know where I live. Thank for you time and advice. 

If the CCJ was from Blackhorse then after 6 years, realistically you are in the clear.

However, it might not be and you need to type a simple letter to Arrow Global with your current address. 

literally, ‘Dear Arrow, My current address is now xyz, kind regards XYz.

Do make sure that you get proof of posting when you send it off from the Post Office.

This protects you against what we call a back door CCJ. After that ignore everything unless of course it’s a letter before action, then you can run it past us.

This debt is statute barred long, long ago and they really wouldn’t have a chance anyway.

When they send a claim form to your last known address, so you have no idea and can’t defend it. Meaning they win by default. Next thing you know is when you check your credit file and a CCJ is there staring you in the face.

Even though they can see your latest address

on Credit file, it’s still perfectly legal for them to do this. A simple Letter as in my previous post, removes this risk entirely.

Hi

I do think this debt had the ccj all them years ago, I’ve read they can not give you another ccj on the same debt. I’m just worried they may go to the courts take it further and put a charging order on my property. Thanks for your advice. 

You don’t know that for sure which is why you must send them your new address in writing to protect yourself.

As for enforcing a CCJ more than 6 years old? Never gonna happen.

send cabot our SB letter from the debt collection section of our library.

you really should never run from debt, even if you think and quite rightly don't owe 'it'

always make sure the owners of your debts are kept up to dated with your correct and current address for say upto 7yrs should you move.

that way there is never any chance of backdoor legal action.

belt and braces is always the best way.

what you must always remember is most DCA's are purely charlatans and scammers.

they prey solely on the completely untrue notion, that sadly 99.9% of the nation has, that they are bailiffs, not only that, but they also believe DCA's have some extra ordinary legal powers above and beyond bailiffs. neither of which is even remotely correct.

they have ZERO legal powers ... no if's but's or maybe's

resolve call DCA are the new name for scotcall or snotscrawl as some used to nickname them here years ago

their favourite trick is doorstep collecting.

if ever one of these rare breed of mammal were to show up upon your doorstep they often use their large claws to try and doorstep, they need filming on your phone for evidence. don't ever listen to their repeated squawk as it dangerous to your brain but clearly tell them to leave your property never to return else their sighting will be reported to police 101. never engage in their latter mating calls . 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If the government were serious about tackling the debt crisis. DCA’s would be forced to send a big notice with any letter explaining  your rights and how in big capital letters they are not bailiffs.

they should outlaw dca's and debt buyers totally.

there is absolutely no need for them whatsoever.

all they do is milk money out of joe public on debts that in the main are not even owed, removing that money from joe public's pocket into their own to further fund their mass extortion and depriving the economy of it all.

if everyone simply stopped paying dca's tomorrow, the economy would bounce back in a matter of months with that money being spent by joe public on goods etc.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to arrow/cabot/resolve call - chasing 9yrs old Blackhorse debt global