Lowell Claimform - OH's Vanquis Card Debt ***Settled at Mediation***

gwebstech
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1132 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its just a copy of their Notice of Assignment and acknowledgment that you have acknowledged service...defence next.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Defence above amended.....please check for accuracy. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Bit early...but your choice

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

She has received a directions questionaire today, they have ticked that they want to try mediation, do i need to upload this document? and what does she needs to respond with?

Have you received yours from the court to submit ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Simply confirming no mediation and the claim is proceeding to allocation.

Andy

Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ?

online probably

The copy application form you have uploaded is clearly an application by post as it requests your signature and to post back.

Sections 6 and 6.1 covers the Rights of Withdrawal from the agreement referring to the statuary 14 days cooling off period. 

Andy

• Like 1

@Andyorchcan i have your thoughts too please

I cant really fault the CCA....it appears all the prescribed terms are intact...signatures dates etc.....its legible so arguing it is a none starter.

I notice they only offered a lump sum settlement and not a Tomlin Order which would provide monthly terms and stay the claim hence no CCJ.

Mediation is simply a means of narrowing any differences between parties and giving the opportunity to settle the claim without proceeding to court...saving further costs.(hearing fee)

It might be prudent to suggest in mediation you may be interested in settling this by way of a Tomlin Order on an affordable monthly payment plan acceptable to both parties...if they decline then I would speculate that you cant pay the lump sum and have no option but to proceed to a hearing.

I normally take no prisoners....Especially Lowell...but if there's nothing to argue...why dig the hole deeper...sometimes you just have to accept.

• 3 weeks later...

so i stood my ground and long story short got the debt cut in half

So has the claim been settled at mediation ?