Halifax Took £290.88 Without Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the mo im trying to claim my bank charges, its gone to the court stage. But i have a halifax loan which i havent paid in more than 2yrs and today i find my entire balance gone. I rang halifax and they told me it was transferred, i didnt get any notfication or anything. Can this be legal?

please help

It is called off-setting, and whilst really they should say they are going to do it - they have to weigh that against the likelihood that you would withdraw the money from the account before they could transfer the money.

At the end of the day, you had not paid anything toward the loan for two years, and you had started the process for reclaiming charges on your account. They are mitigating their losses.

I cannot see any circumstances in which they would agree to refund this money.

What you now have to consider is that they will want to also off-set any refund against the amount owed on the loan - you may need to take steps to try and avoid that happening by including within your claim that you require settlement by cheque.

The swines! They did something similar to me. I've been unemployed, can't even claim benefits (due to previous self employment) and was unable to pay my Halfiax One credit card account. They called loads of times daily, and were given the same answer over and over, that I was waiting for working tax credits to be sorted out.

In the meantime they were taking money from my Halifax bank account to pay the credit card account - without me knowing. That's what's caused me to run into hundreds of pounds overdrawn in stupid bank charges alone.

Because they'd taken money out my direct debits, for electric, gas and the like, didn't get paid and I got charged for each one of course. I cancelled all the direct debits and standing orders and stopped using the account, then started action to reclaim the fees.

Now they've issued a default notice, all but closed the account and keep pestering for more money.

Am I looking forward to them repaying all these charges now!

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.