Apprenticeship problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

if he is at the end of the apprenticeship and the coursework complete, then personally I'd sit tight until he has his qualification. I think around 20th August as a big day for results in England; check with the college what the qualification is and when he will get his results and certificate. It may be that he has misunderstood "end of the course" and "being qualified" and the employer is rightly waiting to see if he passed.

You also need to check the apprenticeship agreement to see if it mentions anything about repaying fees. If fees have come from the apprentice levy, that's unlikely. But have a good read.

After that, he'll have to choose if he wants to take action (easier with a union behind him), find a new job, or put up with it. That's kind of the only routes I can see. But I think you both need more information first.

• Thanks 1

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Indeed, but pick your battles; or rather, time them well!

Make sure he actually gets his qualification first; that's most important for his future.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!