• Tweets

• I have a similar issue, I was caught shoplifting in M&S last fortnight (which I'm ashamed of) and I received a letter from DWF with the £125 fine and the price of the goods. I've paid the money. The police were not called, but a police letter was sent to a presumed suspect. Will this letter affect the options I choose when applying for a visa (I checked many posts and found no one who has received a similar letter). Is it all over after paying the money? I'm so anxious about it all!
    • I used to go to the Sainsbury's in the Cromwell Road London and my wife used to get PCNs there. I just spoke to a manage onsite and they were good enough to get them cancelled. If you take in the PCN , they photograph it and that is the end of it. Which is what should happen with major companies when their customers are ripped off by the rogues. Are you listening Mcdonalds and Starbucks?
    • I was caught shoplifting in M&S last fortnight (something I'm ashamed of) and I received a letter from DWF containing a fine of £125 and the price of the goods. I've paid the money. The police were not called, but a new police letter was received with a presumed suspect. Will this letter affect the options I choose when applying for a visa? Is it all over after paying the money? I'm so anxious about it all!
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

US elections November 2024 [amended 18/04/24 - HB]

brexit party outspent the tories and labour together on targeted social media 'promoting various lies I seem to remember and people from there still are

examples

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-says-no-idea-18775071

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/07/smash-and-grab-dominic-cummings-democracy

Just google boris johnson Cambridge analytica Nix

Of course they simply claim that evidenced claims of their  own manipulation and lies are manipulation and 'false news' as we see on forums such as this by their 'followers

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Trump v Biden debate

https://www.nytimes.com/video/us/politics/100000007365697/presidential-debate-live.html

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

agree with all that HB,

but biden certainly didn't excel, and difficult as that is with a garbage spouter like the bean stain coloured Trump, it is what he needs to be able to not just handle - but show up as the spoiling garbage it is. Grown ups don't win by allowing spoiled children free reign in their tantrums.

Admittedly the host failed miserably, but Bidens preparedness was clearly sadly lacking.

The Tory Legacy

Hicks must be sleeping with both of them ...

:-0

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So, when does his program of bleach injections start ?

The Tory Legacy

ah remdisvir - not bleach or any of his other weird 'cures'

I'm surprised that he wasn'tv on remdisvir anyway ... or maybe he was

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

• 1 month later...

https://www.marketscreener.com/news/latest/Tired-of-Trump-Deutsche-Bank-games-ways-to-sever-ties-with-the-president-sources--31679481/

The Tory Legacy

Well, lets face it

even his name is synonymous with 'malodorous hot air comprising of faeces and gases that damage the climate and well-being of the world, with sounds that should never be heard in civilised company

- yet the uncouth believe should be presented loudly and proudly to all in range

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Well with Trump declaring victory while losing and trying to stop the counting

I'm calling for Biden

May seem early, and theres always shocks, but its a simple Trump imposed fact that the early votes are being counted last (republican imposed situation) and the early votes were reported as VASTLY in Bidens favour - and Biden is leading with the majority of on the day votes counted and mostly early votes left to count

So Bidens lead should stretch out all the way in now (with a couple of red hiccups)

Its why Trumps squeeling about stopping the counting - he knows hes lost.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Vote counts are going up more than 3- 1 in Bidens favour in most areas now

Why do you say that about Az HB?

Biden in lead and lead growing past catching point as far as I can see, although apparently all sorts of chicanery going on from Trump supporters

cocconino and apache counties clinching it for Biden is what I saw

The Tory Legacy

I've checked again and its still showing as Biden confirmed win

He just needs Nevada where he is leading to win overall - Michigan and Navada is what I based my prediction earlier on

Good chance Pennsylvania count result tonight and Biden is catching up fast with late counted early votes.

he was 700,000 behind there yesterday - only 200,000 behind at last figures I saw - reeling him in at 3+ - 1 - with over a million vote counts to go

The Tory Legacy

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/arizona-election-results-mark-kelly-ousts-marthamcsally-b1582164.html

Arizona election results: Mark Kelly ousts incumbent Republican senator Martha McSally

https://www.politico.com/2020-election/results/arizona/

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Looked in more detail at US and they still say too early

Strange

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-elections/arizona-results

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

So ridiculous. Donald must work on his Anger Management problem, then go to a good old fashioned movie with a friend! Chill Donald, Chill!

— Greta Thunberg (@GretaThunberg) November 5, 2020
https://t.co/4RNVBqRYBA
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

news services already have

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/05/tv-news-cut-away-trump-election-lies

The Tory Legacy

yep

and less relevant in the great scheme of things as it is and its quite common for those with less overall votes to win,

on overall votes counted, Biden is nearly 4 million ahead now from just over a million ahead when I called it

The Tory Legacy

1553652753_theretheretrumpypants.jpg.29b7412f2c68f0d6df74676979b943ba.jpg

The Tory Legacy

Apart from Alaska which is almost certainly republican and 3 votes, and North Carolina with 15 votes likely republican

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-elections/north-carolina-president-results?icid=election_usmap

all others are getting more and more likely (but still not certain (including Arizona)) Biden/democrat wins

and most votes to be counted seem to be from the VERY democrat leaning larger population areas.

All the massive ranch low population counties have only handfuls of votes outstanding - and they are probably from the 'help' on the ranches.

eg

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-elections/arizona-president-results?icid=election_usmap

The Tory Legacy

Trump claiming shenanigans by democrats, but it would appear that a number of batches of thousands of postal ballots are being 'found' in sweeps

The Tory Legacy

The Tory Legacy

Even chief rat Murdoch is deserting the sinking shi*

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/nov/07/rupert-murdoch-owned-us-outlets-turn-on-trump-urging-him-to-concede-with-grace

Once the Trump has gone we just need to get rid of the skidmark we have, and kick the chief rat out of the UK

The Tory Legacy

I've been flipping through a dozen news services across the world (Europe, UK, Africa, China, AJ, USA - CNN, Bloomberg ...) and only one is talking about 'irregularities' in the US vote apparently supporting Trumps equine poop ...

... Russia today

.. not checked fox news mind you

• Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

and of course Rabb on the bbc refusing to actually say the vote is legitimate and using weasel words to avoid contradicting Trump

... so thats Russia Today and the UK 'Tory leadership on the Boris Broadcasting Company

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Breaking News

Biden agrees an initial trade deal with UK based on Uk-Japan deal

Britain can export unlimited home bred Pandas to the US tariff free

In return, the US will export cars, beef, chicken and pork to the UK tariff and regulation free.

This is expected to be the basis for an expanded uk-us trade deal in the coming weeks and months.

The Tory Legacy

2 hours ago, London1971 said:

All he can do is spread his BS and hold rallies.

and spread Coronavirus in his rallies

Pardon?

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-usa-election-pardon-explainer/explainer-can-trump-pardon-his-associates-or-himself-idUKKBN27O0GG

The Tory Legacy