• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1112 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Angmarie

you have nothing to loose by going down the reclaiming of redemption charge, especially if it was only 15months ago.. i am more than certain you are well within the time limits for this...have a look around the site and im sure you will find some very useful information and helpful caggers along the way. It has to be worth a try...a small kick in the teeth for crapstone, but a big kick for the caggers!! :D

wishing you and your family the very best!

b-o-2

Start by sending a dsar to them...start your own thread, it helps to keep everything in one place, where you will get loads of advice, and others can follow with interest..

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

• 2 weeks later...

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

Thanks-its like watching some sort of film!.

Funny you should say that....there happens to be some kind of docu-drama on one of the Beeb channels .3(i think)..Wednesday (i think) about 9pm....should be interesting i suppose, Although i doubt they will be giving too much insider info away..of the sleezy dealings!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys...

Not been around much lately...although avidly following in the background,must say your all doing a grand job !!

Has anyone actually done a DSAR to the packager? This is something i keep putting on my to do list, but keeps getting put off, because im concentrating wholly on my cattles/welscum issues at the moment.

But i must say the packager thing..is really starting to niggle at me, as i feel it may unearth a few interesting, if not important facts!

I meet my obligations or at least did until about 30 months with this lot. This nessecitates careful assessment. I believe super was 100% correct in the assertion that these products are designed to cause default.

Keep the faith. EiE.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on this one EIE, the proof is in the pudding, and it was showing that pudding to the Judge at our last repo hearing that stopped Crapstone in their tracks and has made them tow the line with us...how long for? who knows?

b-o-2

• 3 weeks later...

I hear you say class action guys !!!

Well, just food for thought here....if these guys in london are looking into a class action or individual cases for that matter with ...the mighty sub prime lender cattles!!

would they be interested in class action against the spml/lmc/capstone's of this world?? Just thinking out loud!!

Law firm in threat to sue lender Cattles - Yorkshire Post

Phoned capstone to day to pay my SPML mortgage and i asked them about PML/PPL/SPML appearing in the high court in respect of the appeal against bankruptcy and what had gone on?

To which i was met with a long silence and asked how did i know that as it wasn't supposed to be public knowledge. To wit i pointed out court proceedings and listings are.

Then i got a manager on who would not comment on any of the questions i asked him. which were

Are they in admin

Are you SPML

who now owns my mortgage

when is your restructure

who owns you

are you going in to insolvency soon as per you holding companies

they just directed everything to PWC and gave me there phone number and interestingly admitted they were under fsa investigation. His words were (which i have recorded)

" you probably need to add your name like the other to the fsa complaint against us, you type always does"

i had a field day and got him to admit that they are one of the 4 companies, in addition he told me to do a sar to get my charges back. dear

this is all recorded guys , just need you advice on next steps.

God the guys at crapstone are so rattled at the mo , he even told me they are being restructured and jobs will go.

Nice one!! Catchy:D

As it so happens i am doing another dsar as we speak...had well over 6 months of them towing the line re my payment/ late payment (not) charges..also going for the other info on securitisation, insurance underwriting sheets (soon due for renewal;)) ...the full shibang!!

conversation i had yesterday, was my arrears are still over the £6k mark?? although the figure the girl gave, didnt tally with the recent letter received?? will be interesting to say the least...am also hitting them with the give me a satisfactory list of the 6 months late payments that have remained on my credit file for the last 8 months....must say though they have only updated it once ..and not the ususal monthly cra check they were doing before hand....yes capstone i have them all saved for proof!!

Other interesting point admited in their conversation, when enquiring what my best way to pay was this month, due to the postal strike, and the 1st falling on a sunday... as i pointed out that my cmp by cheque and my seperate cheque to be used towards the arrears as per court order could be delayed...i was advised to either pay on line (dont think so), ring up with debit card(not on your nelly, let you say i missed novembers payment, because ive paid early? been ther got the t-shirt) or over the counter at any branch of barclays (theres that word again!! barclays)...which ever way i did it, their system would not recognise to split the extra for the arrears and would lump it all together!!! familiar old story i hear you all say...so missed arears payment as per court order....lets take them back to court again and get repossession!!! cretins

The cheques are stuck in the sorting office, but at least i have a recorded paper trail...and an industrial dispute to back me up..wonder if they mark me as a late payment this time??

The whole flaming shooting match. All as bad as each other in my view. And whoever or whatever the excuse is ...it's their problem...not ours.

I don't care who gets shot for this as long as we get the compensation we all flipping deserve.

Here!! here!! couldnt agree more..

nice news on the refund, Crapstone.:D:D dont think i will be at the top of their refund list just yet £6k+ is quite a lot to admit too just now:rolleyes:

Just a thought regarding getting some answers...did the fos contact you to say they have advised capstone to do this or gave you any inclination it was happening..or is the matter still in their hands?? Sorry if i have missed anything in your previous threads...but you know how it is...still busy with the welscum, but try and keep on top of the goings on over hear...:)

I'm obviously slow off the mark, but reading brassed-of-2's reply, the penny dropped as to why my arrears were not going down - they aren't putting the arrears payments against them. How likely are they to now claim that I haven't made any payments against them? You've got me worried now? Count me in to screw this lot well and truly!

It only came to light for me, when after our regular 3-4 montly trip down to the local court house in the september (another court order agreed),

paid them on DC as usual on the friday in september, as the 1st oct was a sunday...and low and behold in the november/december i got a call from the collections threat monkey stating we had not stuck to the arrangement and had missed octobers payment and they could go for repossession blah blah...found this wonderful cag community ..sent for the

dsar...oh what an eyeopener...

Eagleforms, send for a dsar, if you havent done so already!!

And start making payment by cheques. post dated for the 1st of the month. 1 for contractual monthly payment and seperate one for arrears send recorded delivery including covering letter stating cheque numbers and amounts, and include the sentence. As per court order dated xx/xx/xx Granted in the county court of XXXXX. Believe me it works a treat..

Many thanks B-o-2 I will do that. What's a dsar? (I know I'm thick but can't work it out)

Data subject access request.

if you need one, look in the templates section. shout if you need further help.

I agree Crapstone, a dedicated thread away from prying eyes!!

It can be done, look at the UK26 V EXPERIAN...they had to go behind closed doors due to the implications of experian trolling the thread, using UKS quotes and evidence in the court room!!

Like you say...it needs to keep on track!!

b-o-2

[

Apologies for my absence and lack of contributions. My Internet is down and there's only so much you can post on a phone. Keep up the sterling work guys. I reckon capstone are seriously rattled! Good. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

EIE

This is no time for the pc gremlins:p

your contribution is greatly received even if it is only in shorthand, text and slang version..:) hope the gremlins go soon!

Crapstone does have an interesting point though, dont you think?

b-o-2

SC

Not seen you in a while!!

How is your battle proceeding??

b02

Guys,

l need to put a paper together pronto, why, your input is required asap. No more talkie talkie, but, now walkie walkie. All of you need to contribute and l need to get a feeling for the number that will be involved. This is not a binding commitment to anything, rather a cost free feeler for what may be possible. But, it is urgent and those who really want to get involved should note their interest now.

GR

count me in GR.

Just come across this,

Click on the witness statement link... makes interesting reading in parts!!

Client Assets Update - Scheme of Arrangement - Court of Appeal Jurisdiction Hearing - 26 October 2009 - PwC UK

Gus

Wishing you all the best!!

b-o-2

Midge61

Had the same letter last week and wrote to them to ask which fee they will be charging me. See earlier message on this thread. No reply of course.

Ditto..got mine today too!!

It was the new part that caught my eye though!

Third Party Fees - Varies

In addition to the above, you will be required to pay all costs we pay thire parties to recover any money owed to us or to protect our securitty or legal rights. e.g. solicitor's costs. Where applicable we will advise you before we instruct a third party.

Apart from the solicitors costs, who are the other third parties ? PWC? Field agents? (debt councilor that was)?

http://82.195.132.104/debt_documents/Eurosail2006-1_3157.pdf

Just found this and had a quick scan over it...it seems that they have re-written parts on this prospectus, that has been /is being debated on this thread..it makes interesting reading, especially around page 65 or there abouts!! appologies if this link has already been posted elsewhere.

b-o-2

Thank you everyone for your kind messages x

Need to clarify, cheque sent to us was for £129.32 POUNDS.

ryde

Mortgage 150.000

arrears approx. 50.000

House sold 425.00

No house to compare as is grade 11 georgian property, gated property,

4/5 beds, 4 reception rooms, conservatory, family bathroom shower room,

study. They put it up for sale 399.000 had over 50 viewings, took it of the market and put sold sign up, we foundout someone had put in offer for

450.000, he gave us copy of offer, Estate agent was telling potential buyers no house in that area had ever sold for over £500.000 and he should know as lived in the area, and they would not make any money on it. All of which is untrue. Wrote to Solicitors many times (recorded delivery) I kept telling them house worth at least 550.00 but to no avail, tried to complain about estate agents but told as we did not own house any more, nothing could be done.

I have asked so many times (recorded delivery) to give breakdown of costs, but they simply ignore request.

Agatha c

Hi Agatha C,

not sure if you have already done so, but if you haven't, then maybe you need to do a dsar on the mortgage company (i am guessing it is capstone you are dealing with?) and possibly a dsar on the solicitors that dealt with the sale, although i,m not sure how viable that would be......anyone offer further advice, on this please?????

b-o-2

• 4 weeks later...

GUYS...URGENT ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE....

Just checked credit reports. Guess what!!

Our beloved CRAPSHOITE, have taken it upon themselves to end the special instruction:Arangement. as granted by DJ 10 months ago.

We have had no notification of this whatsoever. (We have kept to our end of the bargain)

Credit files checked 25/11/09, last spml file update was 11/10/09

credit file checked 08/12/09, last spml file update 18/11/09. Arrangement was still showing fine and dandy on 25/11/09...am i missing something here?

Now what is the best way to proceed with this??? and i need to move fast, as my gut feeling is telling me something is not right here!!!

I know it goes against the advice....but do i ring them (unable to record)

or go further, as the way i see it they are ignoring the court...copies of credit files saved by the way to use as proof if necessary....

Suspended repo....3rd one i might add with £6k arrears..made up of their alledged charges and fees, you know the score, with this lot, have plenty of proof on that score, they even charged their arrears management fees when there were no arrears,as they were all cleared..twice!!

Like i have said...no correspondance off them whatsoever, who knows what they are up to...probably taken the huff again because its £6k..and the libor has dropped again to 0.61% for jan 2010.

What i was trying to point out, for other caggers is the fact that the credit report clearly states that the special instruction states an end date for the arrangement of 01/11/09.

The order states the warrant of possession be suspended on payment of current monthly payment plus £xx.xx off arrears...there was no end date stated, which basically means for the remaining term of the mortgage or sooner if we ever get into the possision of clearing the arrears in full. I am obviously persuing all avenues to get the unfair charges/fees refunded. Sorry if i didnt make myself clear in the begining.

Edited by brassed-off-2

• 2 weeks later...
I'll be sticking around too Ryde, so you won't be on your own. We need to unravel this a little more and break it down a bit further.

Me too!! still pottering around in the background :razz:

Just off to post the 1st of jans payment cheques...minus Sh*testones christmas card though:rolleyes:

bo2

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to dissapoint you Ryde, but it started today...2 letters off the beloved greedy bankers.....more charges!! good start to 2010! must be trying to gather the xmas bonus for december coming..:mad:

Osprey, hello and welcome

In the earlier posts, you will see that a few caggers have been in touch with reporters...little dottty being one that i remember, and my self with a chap from bloomberg....not sure how further LD got with her reporter...my contact was at the time actually more interested in the impending down fall of another sub primer, namely cattles!! Not sure if we have anyone at the moment who is in contact with reporters?

regards

b-o-2

Hi

I have just had my second response from crapstones regarding my complaint re alleged arrears.

Can I ask those of you who pay them, when you get your letter stating what your payments for the next 3 months will be do they take EXACTLY that amount stated in the letter if you pay by DD and if you pay by other means is that the amount that you pay?

In my letter they say that this amount is a GUIDE and I should phone to get the exact amount so therefore I am under paying each month which is why I am in arrears!

WHAT!!:-x:-x

That has got to be the most utter peice of bull****e i have ever heard!!! where does it state this in any of their t's&c's...surely not, ive never read that...i think you might have them by the gonads there midge...ring the fos...is this lawful!!! sorry rant over, and off to read all my paperwork again, an d await my statememnt....be back later when ive had a chill pill....since when have we had to ring them for the correct amount, they have a legal obligation to give the correct information...surely:confused::-x:-x

that letter you have their midge ...has got to be priceless, hold onto it safely...it might be the golddust you need!!!

b-o-2 still ranting...my god, i am totally speechless...a guide!

write back and say i only pay you what i want...its just a guide.....uuuuurrrrggghhh- really they are the pits!