• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

SPML/LMC anyone claimed for mis selling and unfair charges?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

..might see if I can get any headway with the penalty charges & fees in my case.. they all seem to have disappeared on paper.. but they're certainly still there looking at the balance owed etc...

ZillaK :)

.....and attracting interest charges :mad:

Regards

on*the*case

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

Well now we are talking

Trust me on this. They simply don't have anywhere near the resources of the high street banks to resist a sustained and large scale assault on the unfair charges. It will bring them to their knees.

So how is it to be done?

Firstly, you will either have all your statements from the feckless criminal cabal at High Wycombe or you will need to Subject Access Request them using s. 7 of the Data Protection Act, 1998.

Secondly, itemise in a spreadsheet all their charges. The ones that are definitely claimable are Arrears Management Fees, Litigation Management Fees, Arrears interest and unpaid direct debit fees. Please add to the list any charge (They have about 30 different charges) that seem unreasonable. If they appear unreasonable that is almost certainly because they are. The spreadsheet templates will also add 8% statutory interest. Where can you get 8% these days? You will see that especially with the muppets we deal with that the charges add up to more than a pretty penny.

Next we are relying on our old friend the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations (1999 Statutory Instrument 2083). You can find them here:

Statutory Instrument 1999 No. 2083

Forget about the supreme court ruling in the banks charges case. This is being spun as the charges are fair. It is no such thing. Paragraph one of the SC judgment makes this clear.

http://www.supremecourt.gov.uk/docs/uksc_2009_0070_judgmentV3.pdf

Next is a letter before action. I have now had the opportunity to examine my statements etc . Please refund against my account the sum of xxxxx. Do not include the 8% at this point. (You can't as it's in the Courts Discretion).

They will then tell you to get stuffed in their own inimitable style. Give them another seven days. Then when they don't respond use this form:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1_0102.pdf

Go to your local county court and submit. Guidance can be sought on POCs here.

Then it's a case of who blinks first. THis is a HIGH RISK STRATEGY. If you are currently under a suspended order I really cannot recommend this as they will retaliate with A NOTICE OF EVICTION. And you will be under immense pressure. As for those with Liberty to restore orders still in arrears it's more fifty fifty in terms of how they are going to retaliate but for those NOT in arrears - Trust me there will be charges ( and discrepancies in terms of allocation of your payments galore) that they will find trouble in defending.

Finally - They fear the potential of this. But it is not the panacea we are looking for when under a suspended repo order. It is nonetheless a very useful defence if they get narky and try a warrant for eviction or put in a possession order.

Not retracting here. They are genuinely scared of this. But in practice it will need to be handled very carefully.

Please seek further advice before proceeding... (from me if you wish...!) Your actual circumstances with these predators need to be carefully considered.

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/final/gmac_rfc.pdf

CONTACT CIB Here

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/Complaintformcib.Htm

Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia) 02920 380 643

Mark Youde(accounts compliance) 02920 380 955

Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108 investigating all the Lehman lenders

Jeremy Pilcher 0207 637 6231

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Had this strange flashback to Hayes, who can forget that one!Everyone saw how easy it was to be apparently duped by entries on a register.All this lot have only existed recently on paper,no premises,just names on a register (now they've all moved to a sail address so they don't need premises for investigation of all the registers),litigation through solicitors,never any physical contact or personal representatives in court, voices on a phone,could be from anywhere.Maybe since Lehmans went bust thats all it is,all being controlled from one boardroom and Littledotty's actually by accident discovered part of whats really been happening for a long time? Capstone may have folded or be about to fold(hence account number changes?) and started delegating everything to vertex:mind boggling,sorry for diversion.

..thanks for the info in your last post EIE.. it's challenging their charges that seems to have gotten us into trouble with this lot in the first place..

@ everyone.. the use of Vertex fits with a disaster limitation and recovery policy as well as outsourcing certain customer relationship activities.. Vertex were always ruthless in terms of sales and collection teams.. as a company they're also ruthless when it comes to acquisitions & stripping of assets prior to liquidation..

ps.. I wonder if they're looking for any temp staff ;)

Edited by ZillaK
adding ps..

Here's Vertex Details from a 2008 prospectus - probably the last one:

Vertex Mortgage Services Limited

Vertex is a company incorporated in England and Wales (Registered Number 02042968), is authorised and regulated by the FSA (Reference Number 306064), and has its registered office at Pegasus House, Kings Business Park, Liverpool, Prescot, Merseyside, L34 1PJ.

Vertex operates from three sites in the U.K., Cheltenham, Chester and Dudley, and the IT systems at all sites are fully interchangeable so that in a disaster recovery situation, mortgage loans can be serviced from any location.

Vertex is currently servicing approximately 60,000 loans with an aggregate value of £5,000,000,000.

Vertex has the following servicer ratings: “RPS3+” in respect of its primary servicer rating (prime and sub- prime) by Fitch and “Average” as a prime and sub-prime residential mortgage servicer and Special Servicer by S&P .

And Homeloan Ltd for anybody who is interested.

Homeloan Management Limited

The registered office and principal place of business of Homeloan Management Limited is 1 Providence Place, Skipton, North Yorkshire BD23 2HL. Mmmm... no registration unlike Vertex...

Homeloan Management Limited currently provides mortgage administration services to approximately 45 institutions, including building societies and centralised lenders. Homeloan Management Limited has been providing these services since 1988 and annually services approximately 330,000 mortgage loans.

Homeloan Management Limited is rated RPS2+ by Fitch in respect of its primary servicer responsibilities for UK residential mortgage loans.

Homeloan Management Limited currently has approximately 2,000 full time employees who are responsible for all aspects of mortgage servicing including the collection of payments and enforcement of borrowers' obligations.LOVE THAT PHRASE. What about their obligations under law? Parasites!

Keep the faith. EiE.

Capstone Mortgage 'Services' - Sub-prime garbage - unlawful behaviour/MULTIPLE consumer abuse, TOTALLY in Defiance of REGULATIONS and the law

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

"We would not seek a battle, as we are; Nor, as we are, we say we will not shun it"

Originally posted by ZillaK

it's challenging their charges that seems to have gotten us into trouble with this lot in the first place..

Hi Zillak

I'm afraid I'm not getting you. How can letting them get away with unlawful charges keep you out of trouble. Everyone knows the charges increase the likelihood of 'default' and subsequent repossession.

Unless I've missed something...

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Napiernuts

I stand corrected. There I go again making assumptions. The assumption made was based upon the fact that every other entry in the prospectus (i.e . for the likes of Capstone, Vertex etc) is accompanied by the relevant authorisation. Not in their case though. I should have checked and didn't. Thanks for the clarification.

ZillaK.

Allege is a bit strong but no worries on my part about your usage. For clarification I was genuinely confused as to how complaining about the charges got you into bother with them in the first place. Surely the charges and the alleged arrears the repo action is predicated upon are the problem. NOT challenging them would just see your woes mount. Challenging them of course produces a fight and retaliatory action. But that's the trouble we are in. They take the p***, we complain and then they go for the jugular.

Anyhow no need for any dispute here. Too much of that already...:D

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Thought this might amuse Dotty given her recent encounter

Quote from Vertex website

Treating your customers fairly

We believe that fair treatment of customers is about adding value to the service we offer by:

Protecting the interests of customers at each stage of the product cycle

Meeting the unique needs of each customer with a transparent, efficient and professional service. This is constantly reviewed to identify areas of improvement

Mortgage, Banking, Pensions Outsourcing - Vertex

Usual corporate BS. The stuff from Capstone's web-site was especially hilarious.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Yes, reading the Capstone website I was impressed by what a well run, caring, thoughtful, customer facing company they are. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to be one of their customers.....my arse !

Regarding Vortex, my suspicion is that their role is only to outbound the more routine dunning calls. Capstone generate a call list of defaulters and pass it to Vortex for action, leaving Capstone to deal with the more complex troublemakers, that's us.

I think it unlikely that Capstone are considering a run down of their operation.

Regards

on*the*case

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

That assessment may be correct. I, however, AM considering a significant run down of their 'operation'...

(Watching the prosecution of directors of companies flouting the law left, right and centre is one of my favourite spectator sports)

:D:D:D

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

From what OH said,vertex are absolutely clueless!!! He fired loads of questions at them & the couldn't answer them.

Leaving the advisor irrate & ending call.

So,it looks like they have just passed the book with loads of shoddy paperwork again,with a load of monkeys to try & gain some revenue back in.

Morons...

Allow me the pleasure of typing that again...

MORONS

VERTEX. Latex more like. Clingy, horrible and synthetic, usually in bad taste colours.

Might just about suit them.

Dotty your OH, you once said, really didn't like to speak to these morons on the phone. Who can blame him? It's all lies and threats anyway.

If he (in all his reluctance) can befuddle them with a few questions then they really do need to up their game. If the best that this Billion dollar [problem] can rely upon is ill educated threat monkeys from a call centre what is there really to fear...?

Trust me they are the ones who are bricking it at the moment. VC, if on the level, might even be able to confirm that they are demoralised, fed up and on the run...?

Over to you VC.

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

Sced, all

Thanks for posting up SPML/PML 2007 & CAPSTONE 2008 accounts ON PAGE 191.

pdf.gifPML Accounts 2007.pdf

pdf.gifSPML Accounts 2007.pdf

pdf.gifCapstone Accounts 2008.pdf

I know that the SPML/PML 2007 accounts are not compliant under either,1985 CA or 2006 CA.

Could anyone, please look at the signatures on these 3 accounts- they are all available on a recent post by Sced:

1. Amany Attia Signature & date on the Capstone 2008 accounts and lower down signature & how the date is written by Ernst & Young auditors.

NB on official E&Y letterhead.

NOW COMPARE WITH SPML/PML ACCOUNTS 2007:

2. Attia signature & date against E&Y signature, and especially how the date is written.

NB on SPML/PML accounts NOT on auditors letterhead.

3. I see on Capstone 2008 accounts, Attia signature and HAND WRITTEN DATE- NOT IN DIGIT FORMAT. Same as the E&Y date.

4. Compare SPML/PML 2007 accounts, Attia signature, BUT DATE IN DIGIT FORMAT THE SAME AS E&Y DATE.

5. ARE THE SPML/PML 2007 accounts ALL SIGNED AND DATED BY THE SAME PERSON?

comments?

ITBG?

end game.

Edited by I'm the bad guy?
CAPSTONE 2008 accounts

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6236

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

SHUT'EM DOWN!!!!> SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL

Nothing better to do on a Sunday evening guests. Has ITBG? disturbed you and awoken you from your slumber?

Feel the pain. Right on...

Keep the faith. EiE.

CONTACT CIB Here

NO KAGGA LEFT BEHIND...

..that is what I meant.. although I guess didn't read quite like it.. in a sense, it was like somebody flicked a switch at their end as soon as we refused to pay for a charge..

I got your meaning straight off. I refused to pay their unwanted insurance but they still took the money for it and put the mortgage account into arrears instead. 6 years down the line I'm pretty wise to them now and turned the tables on them. ;)

Hi All!

I have just been reading the Accounts for Crapstone and:

1.it seems that it has 2 directors - Attia & S Staid - this guy seems to be an expert from the USA in securitisations etc - found more about him on here:

ESF/IMN Global ABS 2009 * June 2-3, 2009 * London, UK - Information Management Network (IMN) Global Organizers of Institutional Finance & Investment Conferences

2.Personaly I believe that the signatures are nothing to the real reality of everything as we piece together this jigsaw.

3.On a seperate and related note which could well have an impact on this bunch - the guy in charge of Citigroup in Greece has been charged with fraud type offences associated with selling Lehman Brothers products and misleading investors which can be found on this link:

Citigroup Faces Criminal Prosecution - Yahoo! News UK

Anyway,another possible angle worth exploring.

Again,just my 2p's worth!

On with the fight!

Cheers,

Nightmare4banks

Sced, all

Thanks for posting up SPML/PML 2007 & CAPSTONE 2008 accounts ON PAGE 191.

pdf.gifPML Accounts 2007.pdf

pdf.gifSPML Accounts 2007.pdf

pdf.gifCapstone Accounts 2008.pdf

I know that the SPML/PML 2007 accounts are not compliant under either,1985 CA or 2006 CA.

Could anyone, please look at the signatures on these 3 accounts- they are all available on a recent post by Sced:

1. Amany Attia Signature & date on the Capstone 2008 accounts and lower down signature & how the date is written by Ernst & Young auditors.

NB on official E&Y letterhead.

NOW COMPARE WITH SPML/PML ACCOUNTS 2007:

2. Attia signature & date against E&Y signature, and especially how the date is written.

NB on SPML/PML accounts NOT on auditors letterhead.

3. I see on Capstone 2008 accounts, Attia signature and HAND WRITTEN DATE- NOT IN DIGIT FORMAT. Same as the E&Y date.

4. Compare SPML/PML 2007 accounts, Attia signature, BUT DATE IN DIGIT FORMAT THE SAME AS E&Y DATE.

5. ARE THE SPML/PML 2007 accounts ALL SIGNED AND DATED BY THE SAME PERSON?

comments?

ITBG?

end game.

zillak

After your previous sterling work with pdfs and as our now newly appointed pc expert by popular request any chance of putting the relevant bits of what itbg states in one post for all to look at and make an easy comparison as you did previously with auditors reports ie primarily signatures of amany attia the director and dates ??!

Ryde,

Zillak posted the signatures on page 192.

Also, the 2006 accounts for SPML/PML/CAP, ALL follow the E&Y format with signature style and date. PLUS all on E&Y letterhead.

E&Y donot want to be legally liable for the 2007 SPML/PML accounts?

Proof to be posted shortly.

ITBG?

end game.

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6236

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

SHUT'EM DOWN!!!!> SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL

Hi All!

Regarding E & Y,

Could this be the reason why they do not want to be liable for accounts?

IN BRIEF....

E & Y has been sued in a few states in the USA and settled - more information of this very interesting link - full Texas case available and could possibly reveal more information to benefit our cause.

Firm Watch: Ernst & Young - Going Concern - A Tabloid for CFOs, Chief Investment Officers, Accountants & Finance Execs

Anyway,again just my 2p's worth!

Keep up the fight!

Cheers,

Nightmare4banks

Sorry - for initially not posting link really tired and been reading these papers in depth!

Edited by Nightmare4banks

zillak

you're a wasted talent excellent work and many thanks again.

6 caggers now with insomnia, a record.Medical claim against the filth may be in order,plenty of ambulance chasing solicitors about no win, no fee, now legal aids dried up.

Edited by ryde