me and welcome

Voda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Sol, :)

Sure I understand but I am concerned that my attachments will not be approved in time and Andie did say that he/she would look at them for me.

Nitey nite

Guys I don't see the need for all the PMs, it's only confusing things as there's that many people on this thread.
Edited by Voda

I couldnt agree more!

The PM's are basically isolating other members trying to get the help needed.

New members maybe feel a bit uneasy sending a PM to someone they dont even know. I personally gained most of my information by reading threads and looking at what others posted up. I think us regulars should promote those needing help to upload as much info for everyone to comment and help and most important, learn.

Photobucket is there to be freely used and empowers everyone to share issues covering greater ground. The PM's are also snowing under the well informed few.

The few people who are privvy to the "deeper" issues with regard to Welcome should be kept confidential, as this is an ongoing legal issue, and does not involve individual contracts. Thanks to the people involved for the greater good, you know who you all are, Welldone. You have big brass ones and credit will definatly come your way soon as it should!

This thread has turned into a massive beast and has the support of Site admin and greater support. Lets keep it open and make as many "WELCOME" as possible.

Just my thoughts.

Stewie!:-D

I need to change my avatar..But cant find a good replacement.

Sure I understand but I am concerned that my attachments will not be approved in time and Andie did say that he would look at them for me.

Nitey nite

Hiya Voda,

Use photobucket, they go up right away and you can zoom in on the contracts to. When loaded directly onto the site it can sometimes be a bit grainy and not clearly visible.

Stewie

Voda no offence intended, just that it's best if we keep all information in the open for everyone that needs help, as Stewie said.

The legal case is different

• Haha 1

Good Morning Andie,

How are you this morning?

I have been lazy and just arisen from my bedchamber .....;)

I will PM my info to you if I may.

I can't use my Photobucket account as I have loads of foto on there which give away my identity.

Many thanks in advance......:)

I think i'm the one getting the majority of the PM's with agreements on at the moment so will put my 2 pence worth in - I do not mind viewing agreements by PM as I realise there are some people that 1. Don't want a whole heap of others to see their financial info and 2. As i have just seen via 1 PM - there could be some illegal cut and paste activity going on at Welcome (why am i not surprised) and the supplier didn't want it out in public for 'guests' to see what they have.

Everyone is here to help - so if you don't have those issues post in thread if you do I don't mind looking - and everyone that has PM'd has asked in thread first for me to agree.

Oh well,

You can't add attachments to PM's so I will have to be patient and wait for them to be approved by the forum moderators ....:(

Have a great day Andie

Good Morning Andie,

How are you this morning?

I have been lazy and just arisen from my bedchamber .....;)

I will PM my info to you if I may.

I can't use my Photobucket account as I have loads of foto on there which give away my identity.

Many thanks in advance......:)

Hi everyone,

I have just been going through my loans with Welcome.

The car that I bought from a car dealer ( nothing to do with Welcome ) in 2005 had the Acceptance Fee of £195.00 added on to my repayments.

I also had PPI with the Hire Purchase Agreement and WF also added a seperate finance charge to the PPI...........God knows what that's for....:confused:

I have checked my other Personal Loans with them and all of them have had the Acceptance Fee of £75.00 included in the monthly repayments.

I will also call the Insurance Companies to see if they have received the monthly PPI/Medicare 24/Personal Accident Plan payments from Welcome.

H'mmmmmmmm !!

Nitey nite

Good Evening everyone .....:)

I have been thinking a lot about Welcome Finance over the weekend.

With my poor Credit History, I would never have got a loan from anyone else.

I appreciate that they charge high interest rates but I was in need of the money and I was a fairly high risk customer.

I repaid my Car Loan after 3 years and I then took out a small Personal Loan to start with and a year later I took out a higher loan including the settlement figure on the original one.

Then 9 months later, I did the same and took out another loan including the settlement figure on the second loan. However, the recession kicked in at the end of 2007 and my financial position changed like many of us.

I immediately informed WF and they dramatically reduced the APR from 26.00% to 12.70% with a fresh agreement. So they were understanding and although my repayment term was increased from 48 months to 72 months, the monthly repayment was halved and the amount of interest on the new agreement was reduced from £4800.00 to £2900.00.

I appreciate that they want their money back as I did indeed borrow it and this latest agreement has no insurance of any kind added to it as we agreed I simply could not afford it.

Sadly my financial position has worsened further and as you all know I contacted CCCS after WF advised me to.

I am still very puzzled about the Acceptance Fee being added on to the Interest Charge and how it makes an agreement null and void.

But surely as I see it, all that WF has to do is to repay it's customers the difference between the amount overpaid each month and what it should have been without the Acceptance Fee being added.

At the end of day as I see it, I still owe WF quite a lot of money and even if I can prove that the previous loans with the insurances amounts that I paid were never sent to the Insurance Companies, it might reduce the total sum that I owe WF but I will still owe them.

It seems to me that talking to the FOS and lodging a complaint is rather a waste of time and I really need expert Legal Advice.

The Citizens Advice Bureau suggested that I seek Legal Advice too.

What do you guys think?

PS. Welcome insisted that I take out a Debt Management Plan with CCCS which is understandable

Edited by Voda
PS

To be honest my experience of the CAB has left me disappointed. Perhaps I have been asking them the wrong things like filling in a income/outcome report for a court case. They basically said did you try a solicitor. Very disappointed with CAB's approach each time I have asked something from them. We're much better of sharing info on this forum.

Hi Eboy,

The problem with the CAB is that the staff have to be "Jack of All Trades" and "Masters of None".

To be honest my experience of the CAB has left me disappointed. Perhaps I have been asking them the wrong things like filling in a income/outcome report for a court case. They basically said did you try a solicitor. Very disappointed with CAB's approach each time I have asked something from them. We're much better of sharing info on this forum.

I appreciate that they charge high interest rates but I was in need of the money and I was a fairly high risk customer.

I repaid my Car Loan after 3 years and I then took out a small Personal Loan to start with and a year later I took out a higher loan including the settlement figure on the original one.

Then 9 months later, I did the same and took out another loan including the settlement figure on the second loan. However, the recession kicked in at the end of 2007 and my financial position changed like many of us.

I immediately informed WF and they dramatically reduced the APR from 26.00% to 12.70% with a fresh agreement. So they were understanding and although my repayment term was increased from 48 months to 72 months, the monthly repayment was halved and the amount of interest on the new agreement was reduced from £4800.00 to £2900.00.

I appreciate that they want their money back as I did indeed borrow it and this latest agreement has no insurance of any kind added to it as we agreed I simply could not afford it.

Sadly my financial position has worsened further and as you all know I contacted CCCS after WF advised me to.

I am still very puzzled about the Acceptance Fee being added on to the Interest Charge and how it makes an agreement null and void.

But surely as I see it, all that WF has to do is to repay it's customers the difference between the amount overpaid each month and what it should have been without the Acceptance Fee being added.

At the end of day as I see it, I still owe WF quite a lot of money and even if I can prove that the previous loans with the insurances amounts that I paid were never sent to the Insurance Companies, it might reduce the total sum that I owe WF but I will still owe them.

It seems to me that talking to the FOS and lodging a complaint is rather a waste of time and I really need expert Legal Advice.

What do you guys think?

PS. Welcome insisted that I take out a Debt Management Plan with CCCS which is understandable

Hi Voda,

I know where you are coming from. The fact is Welcome roll over debts to tie people into long term loans and increase the debts over time. Yes your payments may have been reduced, but over time with the interest you could be paying more. And the chances of another loan are high. They would rather lend to existing customers rather than new.

My loan was carried over to the next, I to took over a new loan for 48months to 120 months with to a lower APR but carried over PPI from the previous loan dumped onto it. I agree I have a debt to pay, but on fair terms. Welcome Finance are a high APR, high commision based firm. I can garuntee you that they didnt take your well being to heart. They just reduced the number to ensure they got the money every month.

They cannot force you to go to CCCS, if you do this its logged with the collections team so they can off-set the debt and justify its you not them. So the Rep is covering the branch, NOT YOU! The branches are under extreme pressure to increase collections. Its better for them to say "he is with a DMP and cant pay". They dont have the money to re-loan anymore.

Stewie

Ps: I dont know what the answer is with CCCS but it should be on your terms. Not on the advice on a highly pressured phone jockey

Edited by 082stewie

What do you guys think?

Hi Voda

It's based on a ruling that was made in the H of L. It means that if they have done this, the agreement isn't worth the paper it's written on. Whether you ask for your payments or no is up to u

Hiya 082stewie,

Thank you for your quick reply .....:)

When I called CCCS recently, they did say that no creditor can force a debtor to go on a DMP.

I have negotiated with all my other creditors, sent them my Income & Expenditure details and all of them have frozen the interest and any other charges.

They all trust me to make my monthly payments so why can't Welcome?

Of course, I remember now - the guy from WF said it is their company policy and they insist that I go on a DMP in order for them to freeze their interest and other charges.

In many ways, it would be better for me to go on a DMP with one simple monthly payment to CCCS who can then distribute it to all my creditors.

Having said that if I did go on a DMP, would WF carry out their promise?

Therefore I ought to send them a letter asking them to confirm in writing that they will carry out their promise.

If they don't, then no DMP.

It is in their interests afterall to freeze these charges otherwise the debt will continue to increase and they reduce the possibility of the debt ever being repaid.

They can't get "Blood Out Of a Stone" afterall.

Hi Voda,

I know where you are coming from. The fact is Welcome roll over debts to tie people into long term loans and increase the debts over time. Yes your payments may have been reduced, but over time with the interest you could be paying more. And the chances of another loan are high. They would rather lend to existing customers rather than new.

My loan was carried over to the next, I to took over a new loan for 48months to 120 months with to a lower APR but carried over PPI from the previous loan dumped onto it. I agree I have a debt to pay, but on fair terms. Welcome Finance are a high APR, high commision based firm. I can garuntee you that they didnt take your well being to heart. They just reduced the number to ensure they got the money every month.

They cannot force you to go to CCCS, if you do this its logged with the collections team so they can off-set the debt and justify its you not them. So the Rep is covering the branch, NOT YOU! The branches are under extreme pressure to increase collections. Its better for them to say "he is with a DMP and cant pay". They dont have the money to re-loan anymore.

Stewie

Ps: I dont know what the answer is with CCCS but it should be on your terms. Not on the advice on a highly pressured phone jockey

Therefore my latest agreement is worthless and so were all the other agreements that all had the Acceptance Fee added to the Interest Charge.

Am I right?

Does this mean that I can claim back every single payment including insurances that I ever paid to Welcome Finance under Personal Loans including the Hire Purchase Agreement and insurances for the car that I paid off which also had the Acceptance Fee added to the Interest Charge?

This sounds that I could suddenly become quite wealthy and still keep my car ....:D

Hi Voda

It's based on a ruling that was made in the H of L. It means that if they have done this, the agreement isn't worth the paper it's written on. Whether you ask for your payments or no is up to u

I spoke to a very good friend of mine this morning and she said that if Welcome Finance are proved to have committed fraud and criminal activities, then the chances of getting any money back from them is not looking so good especially if many one of their customers affected try to claim back moneys.

There is only so much in the pot, so to speak.

Comments please !!!

Therefore my latest agreement is worthless and so were all the other agreements that all had the Acceptance Fee added to the Interest Charge.

Am I right?

Does this mean that I can claim back every single payment including insurances that I ever paid to Welcome Finance under Personal Loans including the Hire Purchase Agreement and insurances for the car that I paid off which also had the Acceptance Fee added to the Interest Charge?

This sounds that I could suddenly become quite wealthy and still keep my car ....:D

Interesting.

I had a phone message left today from a different person in the branch to the one that was dealing with my complaint about no replies to all my letters.

The way things are going at present with Welcome, I doubt very much that I will receive calls from the same person again, if they are leaving in droves.

I have already agreed a plan of action with Welcome so any calls from them are now irrelevant.

I will just send a Recorded Delivery letter with my monthly payment at the end of March asking them to confirm in writing that they will freeze all interest and other charges if I go on a DMP. ( Debt Management Plan )

Not too much to ask I feel ,as I have now lost any trust with this organisation.

The man who called me is Chris Webbers - Manager at L & B Sutton in Surrey.

Phone number 0208 661 7445

I think that L & B is the Debt Collection side of Welcome? Can someone confirm this please.

Just called the number to talk to him and they are not answering the phone !!!!

Nobody at Welcome can say that I have not responded to them either by phone call or letter.

I HAVE JUST PHONED FELTHAM IN MIDDLESEX & SUTTON IN SURREY BRANCHES AND NEITHER OF THEM ARE ANSWERING THE PHONE.

LOOKS AS IF THEY HAVE CEASED TRADING ............:smile::D

The man who called me is Chris Webbers - Manager at L & B Sutton in Surrey.

Phone number 0208 661 7445

I think that L & B is the Debt Collection side of Welcome? Can someone confirm this please.

Just called the number to talk to him and they are not answering the phone !!!!

Nobody at Welcome can say that I have not responded to them either by phone call or letter.

It's The Lewis Group that's part of Cattles. I'm surprised they're not using them.

Hi Sol,

Oh OK.

It must be the Lewis Group then.

I see they are advertising for Doorstep Collectors with no experience needed as training is given.....:eek:

It's The Lewis Group that's part of Cattles. I'm surprised they're not using them.

Hiya Andie,

No luck I'm afraid but frankly I am not bothered !!! ;)

you know how some companies have many incarnations of debt collecter names so they can pass you from one to another to make it look like thhings are getting progressively more serious - maybe this is one of those times - I tried to google the name but came back empty - you tried Voda?

• 1 year later...

HEALTH WARNING

Welcome are back to their old tricks again.

Received two letters from Ashford, Middx branch asking me to call them.

I have an agreement with their Customer Complaints Dept that all dealings must be in writing. They also have agreed in writing that their branchs must never call me. I changed my number as a precaution anyway.

But feeling mischievous, I called them (witholding my new number, of course) to tell them the second letter was a load of tosh as I do not have a new Secured Loan with them. I also asid that the account number referred to in this letter relates to an old unsecured loan.

They said this second letter was a mistake so they are still a bunch of pathetic amateurs and make up the rules up as they go along. It was just a trick to get me to call, of course. This letter threatened that unless I provide them with correct Direct Debit details, the mandate will fail and I will incur changes of £12 and up to £40 from my Bank.

I cancelled my Direct Debit months ago and pay the monthly reduced instalment into their account by transfer from my account.

Anyway this saleswoman said while you are on " Our company has changed the rules and require a monthly "Statement of Income & Outgoings" and 3 months Bank Statements ". Also you must come into the branch and discuss your account.

So I politely said " I do not come into your branch as has been agreed with your HO ".

She then said, " You will soon have interest and other charges added to your account " to which I said " I have a letter stating that these are all frozen."

So once again these idiots who work for this awful company have not a clue what has been agreed in writing in the past.

I then called the National Debtline and they said " All you need to say is that your financial position is the same as previously advised 3 months ago and will advise them if and when it changes".

Also Welcome Finance cannot demand Bank Statements, only a court can.

So another complaint letter will be on it's way to Nottingham.

Oh yes, I said to this woman at the branch that if you change the rules then you have to advise your customers in writing and not subject them to high pressure sales techniques.

So Guy and Girls, Welcome Finance remain the shower that they have alway been.

I don't have these problems with my other Creditors because they work by the rules and guidelines.

Welcome are pathetic aren't they?

Have a great weekend.

Voda

Edited by Voda