Migwee Vs HSBC

migwee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, new to this site, though I have all my statements and I am ready to go through them and get my Request for repayment of charges letter off with my spreadsheet today one thing that I just need clearing up is the interest charges, say if I got a Total charge for £27.50 and a seperate interest charge for 3.75 do I claim for the interest aswell?

You can claim interest, but most people don't bother as it is a little more fiddly...!

Good luck with your claim (not that you need luck!)

Keep us posted.

Edited as per bong's post below (I seemed to have forgotten that you could!)

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

monkey and migwee you can claim back some of that interest. Afterall some of it was interest on the unlawful charges, which wouldn't have been debited if the charges hadn't. use the advanced excel spreadsheet in this link (page down below the link to vampiress's chambers) if you want to calculate the part that is reclaimable http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html#post750