Banks Internal Complaints Procedure, and the FSA/FO complaints route.

Todge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking through the cases on here, many appear to have gone straight to Summons (N1/MCOL) after following the Subject Access Request/Prelim/LBA route.

Admittedly few (none?) get to court, but won't any case that does get heard be prejudiced by our not giving the banks complaints system and the Ombudsman route a fair chance?

Are we not obliged (CPR '98 ) to pursue other means (e.g. Complaint, FSA/FO appeal etc) prior to resorting to legal action?

What if a bank insists on going through this (possibly as a delaying tactic)? What can we do if they take this route?

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".

Looking through the cases on here, many appear to have gone straight to Summons (N1/MCOL) after following the Subject Access Request/Prelim/LBA route.

Admittedly few (none?) get to court, but won't any case that does get heard be prejudiced by our not giving the banks complaints system and the Ombudsman route a fair chance?

Are we not obliged (CPR '98 ) to pursue other means (e.g. Complaint, FSA/FO appeal etc) prior to resorting to legal action?

What if a bank insists on going through this (possibly as a delaying tactic)? What can we do if they take this route?

Surely though, the fact the many banks/credit card companies already do acknowledge that we've 'made a complaint' to them show that we've gone down this route and failed to get resolution.

Certainly in my case both credit card companies I've approached so far have used the phrase "Thank you for your complaint" in their replies to me (one after S.A.R and the other after receiving my 'pre-lim' letter). I've seen similar responses in other Threads too.

Also, although I'm more than happy to be corrected on this, isn't it the complainant's perogative to choose the methodology of following their complaint?

• Haha 1

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!