Timid DCA - What is the world coming to?

pwell01uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On my credit file, there's an entry from Thames Credit which was registered back in 2003.

When I saw this, I was completely baffled so I decided to give them a call.

On calling them, they told me that they no longer owned the debt and gave me the number of the DCA who had apparently bought it - only for the new owners to inform me that they no longer owned it and it had been sent back to Thames!!!!!

So, I called Thames back and told them what had just happened so they looked into it.

One guy called me soon after and tried to explain the origin of debt, which was an account I haven't used since 1999 and therefore I told him that I didn't remember anything about the account, which was/is true.

However, since that day back in July, I have not heard a word from them since.

I have sent them a letter one month ago asking them for details, giving former addresses etc. since I don't have the account number/details but they still don't respond.

I am fairly sure they won't hold the deed of assignment or have any of the original agreements/contracts.

Can I, therefore, skip to the end and challenge this default with the authorities and claim that I have sent all relevant paperwork - which they would no doubt ignore - and tell the authorities that they have ignored the 12 days and one full calendar month and take things from there?

Is it the OFT I contact now and is default removal imminent?

Ok, can you give a little more info....

You have not used the account since 1999, but the default is dated 2003 ???

Sorry for sounding dumb, but who are Thames Credit ? are they a loan company ?

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Thanks file wizzard, my first problem is that because they are not responding to my letters I don't have much information about my account such as account number etc.

The S.7 though, is that the follow up for S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) or is it more versatile than that?

Also, the court action mentioned in the S.7, can that be done via the moneyclaim route?

Thanks file wizzard, my first problem is that because they are not responding to my letters I don't have much information about my account such as account number etc.

The S.7 though, is that the follow up for S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) or is it more versatile than that?

Also, the court action mentioned in the S.7, can that be done via the moneyclaim route?

The subject access request is just the common term for a request made under S.7, and this request by definition will require them to release all relevant data pertaining to you as an individual, you will therefore not need to supply any account numbers as this should be provided to you under the generic request for data you have made.

If you have already sent a S.A.R to Thames and they have exceed the 40 days compliance time, then report the matter immediately to the Information Commissioners Office, Thames are very well known to them!!!

Ok, can you give a little more info....

You have not used the account since 1999, but the default is dated 2003 ???

Sorry for sounding dumb, but who are Thames Credit ? are they a loan company ?

Thames credit are a DCA, not a loan company.

23/05/06 DPA Sent to Halifax

I Love You All :D