Statements recieved

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've read lots of info but just want to check that when you send first letter do you have to specify you want the last six years or will they just hopefully send them? This may seem like a daft question but want to get it right from the start? Hope someone can shed some light.!! thanks

Guest bluecloud

First off,

welcome.

The first letter to send is the DPA S.A.R..

Simply follow the template in the templates section, enclose your £10 and send it off recorded delivery.

The Halifax will send out a 6 year statement if you ring them and it will cost £5. However, if you use the £10 method you can even claim the £10 back as a legitimate expense. So it's your choice.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, i have read many many threads and can i just say how useful they all are! They have given me great confidence in deciding to take it all way. I recieved all statements yesterday with a few days left in the 40 days, i was very suprised!! I am sendng Pre letter tomorrow by recorded delivery to ensure they get it!!

I will keep you posted.

And thanks to you all and good luck!!:)

Hi all, i have read many many threads and can i just say how useful they all are! They have given me great confidence in deciding to take it all way. I recieved all statements yesterday with a few days left in the 40 days, i was very suprised!! I am sendng Pre letter tomorrow by recorded delivery to ensure they get it!!

I will keep you posted.

And thanks to you all and good luck!!:)

Excellent but please stick to one thread , you have 3 for this claim ;)

Hey Jan :)

Looks like we are on the same timeline here. Exactlly the same day i recieved my statements, and all ready to post recorded delivery tomorrow. Good luck with your matey

Request for statements sent 19/10/06

• 1 month later...

Thank you, but no i've already got that, the bank replied to me before i sent the L B A, i was wondering wehther its ok just to send the rejection letter and edit it accordingly?

Ah - with you now, I think.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html can be modified to refer to their offer letter, and is a step along the way of showing you really want to get ALL your money back. Or the rejection letter, whichever you feel is suitable for what you want to say.

Some people are getting second offers after doing that, although it often needs a bit of a push to get them to 100%. I found that calling the person who sent my offer letter was useful, as they were keen to settle before court.

• Haha 1

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

thanks for help, do you know whether i should sign the settlement as the rejection letter states that i'll accept the offer but will pursue for all, (hope you understand that). thanks