Argos **SORTED**

Ealexander
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6399 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In a big dispute with Argos at the moment. I order £550 worth of funiture on their wedsite on the 14-08-06. After the delivery date was pushed back 4 times i decided to ask for a refund. Was told the money would be back in my account by 10 days on 26-10-06. On the 06-11-06 still no money. So I phoned them and was told that there had been a computer error and the money would be in my bank within another 10 days. 15-11-06 I am still waiting!!!!!!

Have they sent you a letter/receipt to confirm this? If you've still not received the money, write to them (yes it takes a bit longer than phoning, but then you will have evidence). I have done this before and got a fairly quick response. Customer service always seems to be better this way than over the phone - I think companies tend to use more experienced employees to deal with letters than phone calls, because they expect them to be more serious issues they deal with. It could be the people on the phone just not completing the request properly.

___

MBNA VISA - PL sent 23/10

MBNA MCard - PL sent 23/10

FD - PL sent 23/10, offered approx 75% 27/10

Marbles - PL sent 23/10, rejected letter received 27/10

Hi again,

Well I'm still waiting for my refund another computer system hitch apparently.Yes I did sent a letter asking for full and immediate refund and have now sent another saying the same. Should have the money by Friday 24-11-06. I have sent a letter asking them to pay all charges I have incurred because they didn't put the money into my account as promised. I have given them 14 days or I will take court action. So lets wait and see!

Keep you updated

E

Hi again,

Well I'm still waiting for my refund another computer system hitch apparently.Yes I did sent a letter asking for full and immediate refund and have now sent another saying the same. Should have the money by Friday 24-11-06. I have sent a letter asking them to pay all charges I have incurred because they didn't put the money into my account as promised. I have given them 14 days or I will take court action. So lets wait and see!

Keep you updated

E

Hi what charges have you incurred due to their failure to credit the money back? Please explain what they are and who they are with.

Hi guys,

Bank charge for direct debits and debit card payment on the account, halifax current account. Didn't cancel them because they promised the money would be in my account by these dates. These charges have now caused more charges etc, etc. I have asked for £3 for letters sent and £3 for phone calls.

Wait and see hey a lot of worry and for once not really my fault.

Cheers guys

E

Hi again

Well quick update I have finally got my money back!. have had £25 in vouchers sent to me to say sorry, and according to the lady I spoke to a cheque for £120 is too, If this is true a small win for me!

Cheers

E