EXCEL template for credit cards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6419 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You've misunderstood the calculation.

The first sheet on the template works out all charges AND the interest they have ALREADY TAKEN from you.

The second ADDS 8% APR onto that total. This is s67 County Courts Act interest. It is additional to the charges and interest on the charges.

BUT!!!!!!!!! You DON'T CLAIM the 8% CCA interest until you formally issue your court claim. Up until that stage you ask for charges + interest.

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

You've misunderstood the calculation.

The first sheet on the template works out all charges AND the interest they have ALREADY TAKEN from you.

The second ADDS 8% APR onto that total. This is s67 County Courts Act interest. It is additional to the charges and interest on the charges.

BUT!!!!!!!!! You DON'T CLAIM the 8% CCA interest until you formally issue your court claim. Up until that stage you ask for charges + interest.

Okay, that's understood now, but how do I calculate my 22.5% interest then?

Thank you for your advice.

EDIT Just had a look at the template I am using and there is only one sheet on it? Am I using the correct one?

Me.

Use the credit card - england - complex spreadsheet here..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

You don't need to enter the APR, you enter the balances and interest charged to the account each month. So you need to go through ALL your statements from the first charge. Not just the ones that have a penalty on. Then the proportion of the interest attributable to the penalties will be calculated correctly.

Hope that helps :)

NatWest Charges: £3708.81. Allocated to fast track 14/10/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 23/10/06 5% donation made

HSBC Default Removal and £186 charges: N1 claim issued 28/11/06 *WON* 28/02/07 5% donation made

Egg Charges: £370. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/01/07 5% donation made

Natwest Student: £150. N1 claim issued 24/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 10/12/06 5% donation made

Natwest Credit card: £317.01 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INTEREST, *WON* 30/11/06 5% Donation Made

Ikano Data Protection Act deception and non-complience: N1 claim issued 28/11/06. *SETTLED IN FULL* 12/12/06 5% donation made

I am not a lawyer. All advice is merely my own opinion. Nevertheless, I've won £4675 so far!

Tip my scales if you like my advice :)

Use the credit card - england - complex spreadsheet here..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

You don't need to enter the APR, you enter the balances and interest charged to the account each month. So you need to go through ALL your statements from the first charge. Not just the ones that have a penalty on. Then the proportion of the interest attributable to the penalties will be calculated correctly.

Hope that helps :)

Yup. I've just found the other sheets on the advanced Excel Document.

Thanks once again,

I've been at it for three hours now. Sheesh.