GWM vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest blindman

What exactly can't you calculate??

What exactly did the letter from Legal say?

I got one (will check 2nite the exact contents) because I had not provided the spreadsheet detailing how I got to the figure of £514.74.

They were querying how I got the extra pence as DD and other charges are in whole figures (£28, £30 ) etc.

I had added some "Interest charged on Unauthorised Overdraft" which were of the order 28p, 40p and 6p and which were shown on the statements as such.

So I would have thought they'd be on yours?

I sent the spreadsheet which showed all the DD charges their date and amount plus the entries for the Interest charged on Unauthorised Overdraft.

Now I know for a fact that my totals on this spreadsheet were wrong due to a typo I made when inputting the MCOL.

I typed £514.74 instead of £541

Note to self:- Do not drink brandy when doing important stuff!

So my spreadsheet actually totalled to a higher figure that I'd claimed.

However,I purposely left the total off the spreadsheet just to see what happened.

Everything went through.

So I think this may be a ploy to dismiss the claim but I'm certain your exact details on the spreadsheet are not looked at too closely.

IMHO

So I would 'invent' an amount for overdraft interest (make it small) because I'm sure if you've underestimated it they won't be bothered.

Thanks blindman,

Spoke to Katie at legal services (who signed the letter), and shes made a file note as to what I am requesting to clear it up. She's leaving today (sounded very chearful about that) so a Rachel will be taking it up from next week. I'll be contacting her then to follow it up, and make sure the note has been added.

I'll be adding all the "Interest charged on Unauthorised Overdraft" amounts up though so I know where I am for future conversations.

I have just received a Notice of Defence that Amount Claimed Has Been Paid.

Only thing is no payment has been received. They offered £250 but I refused. Also the Notice says see attached Form N9B, but there was no attachment.

Does any body know what this form is, is it the form Halifax are meant to return??

Has anybody else had a response like this??

Merged threads, please keep to the same one.

Halifax confirmed on the phone today that they are refunding me in full. Same old excuse though that its not illegal but for commercial reasons only (according to the letter).

I just have to wait for the money to land on Monday, so they said, but as I then said to them, only then will I cancel the court proceedings.

I've already enlisted loads of others to start, some with more owing than me and others with large business issues.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks