Council Tax liability order

Coffeebreak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if posting in the wrong place

Ok, I have a liability order for my council tax which has resulted in an attachment of earnings.

I'm not disputing it, It's my fault for not paying it and not contacting the council when I couldn't pay it and ignoring letters etc.

My question is, the liability order is for this years council tax on this property. I am moving in with my partner next month so won't be liable for the council tax from November but the whole year is included in my liability order.

Will my local council automatically adjust it or do I have to apply to the court?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I will try and find someone who can help :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Once a LO has been obtained the whole year will become due, but since you will/may have a change of circumstances in the meantime you should report this as soon as it happens, the LA should then make the adjustments regarding the total amount due under the LO.

You can try to speak to them (the LA) on the phone but please remember to record the call and get the persons name you are speaking to, then get them to confirm any changes and keep/get this in writing. Most LA's allow you to submit a change of circ's online and then produce a reference number screen shot this and then keep safe. Since the LA have also obtained the LO if you fail to keep to the arrangement they could send in the EA. (Bailiff). It will be good practice to keep all of the letters and wage slips to hand just ain case they make an error in the deductions in the meantime.

Please speak to the LA and ask them if there are any other arrears from previous years and deal with this ASAP as well if there is any that is... Finally it is your responsibility to check yourself at times to find out the remaining balance due, always make sure the LA send you a letter stating a zero balance as well.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Thanks mikeymack2002

I've check on my local council website and there is only this years council tax outstanding and the payments that have been made (which are the same as what is on my wage slips) so I've got no worries there.

I will give them a call and ask closer to the time as I will have to tell them my change of address anyway so they know I'm no longer liable for the council tax here. I just hope they don't take forever to sort it out.

The waiting time is up to 10 weeks with some LA's but keep an eye on it please, as the last thing you want to do is have the EA get involved for a silly outstanding balance like 50p

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

If the council don't adjust accordingly you can make application to vary the AoE......

Some more information for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D