Just sent letter for request of statments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Its great to see everyone taking action against the rip off charges!!

Just today i have been charged £30 for being £0.71p over drawn this is just another one to add the the many over the last 6 years.

I will keep this updated as it progresses

Andy

Good luck - and do keep us posted.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for my statements sent the request letter which also said to debit my account (£10) via email on the 18th april got an email back saying they had passed it on to the correct dept and they would be in contact.

28th april got a letter in the post saying that they will provide me with my statements but there is a charge of £5 even though on i have already told them to take it from my account.

Phoned them today as ive been away all weekend and spoke to a lady and told her to take the £5 from my account she then added notes to my account and sent it to the bussiness dept i thin it was. 7 - 10 working days she said they willbe here and i can start the exciting part.

Bit of a boring update but thats how far its got :-(

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of an update...

Statements have arrived a long last 97 pages.

Worked out charges £2757 with the interest £42.23

Letter sent on the 18th to request the total giving the 14 days which is the 31st of may.

22nd may standard letter from my local brach saying passed customer relations dept.

So much waiting all the time!

I had a letter arrive today 27.05.06 saying they have tried to contact me to discuss my complaint.

They have offered me the good gesture sum of £205

Total i am claiming £2799.23

Time to send the next letter off

A quick question if i may to anyone that can help.. tomorrow is the day for sending the LBA. They have offered me £205 as a final payment but im not accepting this do i just use the LBA from here? or do i need to alter it and say that im not accepting their offer.

hi, just send lba. i wouldnt mention the offer in it, its an insult anyway!!!

thanks for the reply and like you say its an insult what they offered.

Going to sort the letter now and in the post tomorrow

• 3 weeks later...

Need a bit of help please guys i need another bank account that will accept people with a quite bad credit history any ideas.

Halifax have now decided that any money that goes into my account they are going to take it out and pay my loan arrears as soon as it goes in even though its beeing delt with by the consumer credit service. Im now going to get more charges of failed payments now the money keeps going.

Just had a nice row yet again with these idiots from there.

A friend of mine who has very bad credit has just opened new account with Norwich and Peterbrough http://www.npbs.co.uk/ they have even given her a 500 overdraft. Hope that helps.

1. 09/08/2006 - Halifax Account 1 settled in full! £2597.50 :D
  2. 05/10/2006 - Halifax Account 2 settled in full after Prelim ;)
  3. 07/02/2007 - Halifax Accts 1 & 2 further charges - won by default, settled in full
  4. 12/02/2007 - Halifax Account 1 - further charges whilst 3. court claim progressing. Settled in full.
  5. 13/11/2009 - Halifax Account 1 - action begins to fight new overdraft charges

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6528 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks