78MPH NIP Renault Traffic coverted to motor home

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thats the only argument I have. If after ny new V5 form arrives showing, the van, now to be a motor home, I would not have been speeding.

The van has not changed, only the Registration Document.

I think this does show a weak point in having mobile speed cameras, where people are not stopped. Where as a talking to with a police officer would have sorted this instantly.

I have today sent all the documentation to the police force involved and wait and see what happens.

But the speeding fine is for traveling 78mph.

• Haha 1

The NIP isn't for exceeding 70mph though, is it ? It is specifically for exceeding the relevant speed limit in a 'goods vehicle-manned equipment'. Once he has dealt with this NIP, another one may or may not arrive for the alternative offence. If or when that happens, he can deal with that then.

Missed the second post.

He mentioned in the first post:

I was caught speeding at 78,on a dual carriage way, which is right on the speed limit for cars.

So he is probably unaware that the speed limit for cars is actually 70MPH. the 10% + 2mph is only a guidance, but he can still be done for going 78mph. Is it really worth the effort to contest the NIP only to get another one instead?