Shortcuts?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I succesfully won my first claim earlier this year but have now been charged another £58 for going over my O/D limit for about 5 minutes on Monday. I've kicked up a fuss and eventually got through to the Executive customer relations - apparantly the only people who had the power to stop the charges going through.

They basically told me they were unwilling to stop them and I'd have to take them to court again - I pointed out how ridiculous thos was as it would just cost them time and money reading my letters, paying my court costs etc... but they weren't bothered.

My Question is this - can I just skip all the letter writing etc.. giving them a chance to refund as I've had it confirmed they're not prepared to, and put a court claim in immediately? Has anyone done this - surely they still won't defend the claim?? Whether I've written them 3 letters or not, they've still acted unlawfully and know they can't defend their actions and therefore I'd win gauranteed. Would make my life a lot easier!

Any advice?

Don't take this as gospel, but I'd go through the whole procedure, Prelim, LBA, MCOL.

If I'm incorrect, somebody please clarify

HALIFAX

Settled in Full

24/10/06
£2228.70

HFC

Settled in Full

May 2007, Default removal and £640 refnded

You can try these tactics from my previous incarnation. It does seem long-winded to run the whole process again, so a pre-emptive strike is always worth a shot. It worked for me, it has worked for others, so give it a go and good luck...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Be careful with the invoicing - I am currently trying to demonstrate that as long as the correct procedures are followed then it should be a viable option. The key is the amendment to the Ts&Cs, but once this has been proven to work I will do a write up to share with the world...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.