PenntoPaper VS Barclays - let's go to COURT!!!

penntopaper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have NOT accepted the pathetic goodwill gesture offer they made me.

I am going to court...:eek:

My question...

What do I fill in on the details of claim on the Moneyclaim website?

Is it just a sketch outline - is it enough to say "Reclaiming unfair bank penalty charges" or do I need to go into it.

Argh. I don't want to :x :x :x :x it up at this stage...???

Here’s how to file your claim with MCOL:

Go to https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp and register with them.

Fill in the forms which are quite straightforward and in the particulars of claim, the text I used was:

"The Claimant had a contract with the Defendant Your account number here from Approximate date account opened which was conducted on their standard terms and conditions. The Claimant claims the return of £ amount before adding % age levied by the defendant in the way of charges. The charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. Further, as a disproportionate penalty they are invalid under the Unfair (Contracts) Terms Act 1977s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regs 1999, Para 8 and sch.2(1)(e). In the event that the charges are not a penalty, they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. The defendant has been asked to justify the charges but they have declined to do so. The Claimant claims interest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from Date of the first of their charges against you to Date of the last charge of £ place the 8% figure here and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgement or earlier payment at a daily rate of multiply your amount before interest by 0.0002 and put here (Mine is £0.45).

Tick No for Human Rights Issues.

Print out two copies of the schedule which include the 8% interest and send one to:

The Court Manager

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St. Katharine's Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

quoting your Claim Reference number on the schedule.

and the other to:

Barclays Bank PLC

Litigation and Disputes team

Level 29

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

with the reference number on the letters they have been sending to you.

With each Schedule,enclose a covering note asking that they attach it to your file and that you've sent a copy to the other party.

Good Luck

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Oh my GOd - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

I have been putting this off for days, it's really stressing me. YOU ARE AMAZING!!!

What would I have done without this forum? I just can't get over this. People are so helpful and supportive.

I've never done anything like this before - I fear paperwork and numbers so much, but I am just DRIVEN by the thought that the bank have been so out of order for so long and I can't let them get away with it.

So thank you for helping me, I really really really appreciate it.:p