British Gas/Resolve call threatening a meter

Pupter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Last November I paid almost £600 to Britih Gas for my Gas bill. Then in March I received a bill of £1250. I immediately disputed this and chased up a complaint going back to the previous November which they still haven't dealt with. The BG person said it sounded wrong and he would investigate. I heard nothing more.

Recently got a bill for £700 and still think its wrong because we only use gas for the heating and that's only the evenings.

I paid some but still disputed the rest.

Today I arrived home to find my husband in, he said two men had just knocked to ask for me, when he said I wasn't in they said could they read the meter, he let them (didn't ask for ID) they read the meter then headed for the door, with one of them giving him a letter with my name handwritten on it. Inside was a letter saying they were charging £54 for the visit and "because they can't resolve the matter they are off to apply for a warrant to break in and fit a meter"

I phoned BG to say this bill is still in dispute and why is no one resolving the issue to be told they don't know who Resolvecall are or having any idea why they came but that it's not to do with them and now say I owe £550.

What is going on? What can I do?

Have a similar problem with BG, ongoing and going back years – will be interesting to see some knowledgable responses.

I’m almost at the point of suing them for harassment as per Ferguson v British Gas. Suggest you look it up – they can’t blame their computers for sending out wrong demands or ignoring complaints.

Meanwhile, I’m expecting a visit from one of their tosspot rottweilers ‘agents’ tomorrow. Can’t wait...

Raise a formal complaint and address it to the CEO BG, this seems to be the only way of getting through to the numbskulls on customer (dis) service duty, they cannot do anything but quote the company script which is " computer says we are right".

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: