T-mobile

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What a terrible terrible service. I recently got a new phone from T-mobile, about 6 weeks ago. I gave it a few weeks, before I phoned up with my first complaint. The signal on the phone was really bad, no matter where I went, it'd cut out during important calls, or people were just getting sent straight to voicemail.

So the guy said to try the sim in another t-mobile phone which I did, same problem. I phoned back and he said it must be the handset, so I got sent out a replacement handset. Guess what, same problem, not a thing changed.

I've just phoned up regarding the cancellation of the contract due to the unreliable service I'm being probvided. The guy basically said that its past a '7 day cooling off period', and that I'd have to pay off the contract in full. Either that or write to the customer services.

Not a happy bunny, the contract is 18 months, 18 months with a very un reliable service, no thanks.

What can I do ?

You can tell then that the contract works both ways, that they have obligations too, and since they're not fulfilling their part of the contract, they are in breach of contract and you have every right to cancel your side if they're not prepared to fulfill their part. Or/and you can cancel your d/d, and tell them to sue you if they want the rest.

Hi mate, the thing is it's only a "really good deal" if you actually get to use your phone! LOL, atm you seem to be paying for nothing.:confused:

Point out the fact that they are not living up to their part of the contract and so you are well within your rights to cancel.

*Also I always thought that there was a 14 day cooling off period, not 7 days... I could be wrong though, read your contract carefully and see if there is anything within it which you may be able to use to support your position.

Hope you get it sorted soon though.

The problem is that mobile phone operator's T&C's usually include a clause stating that service/coverage cannot be guaranteed. this sort of covers them against compensation claims if, for example, an aerial is out of action for a day or two in a particular area.

However if you are consistently getting a bad signal you might simply be in a bad coverage area, in which case it won't improve unless they put more hardware into that area. The link below will let you check T-Mobile's coverage. Not the greatest map I've ever seen though, but 99%+ of the UK is covered.

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/Dispatcher?menuid=ctl_change_state&name=searchResults&value=off&nextpageid=phones_cua_uc_gis

The problem I foresee is that if you are in a bad coverage area, it may state in the T&Cs that you should have checked before signing up. Could be one for the Unfair Contracts Act, but I'm not the one to ask! It might be worth finding out from other T-Mobile users in your area what the signal is like on their phone. Pop into a local retailer, preferably an independant, and ask them about coverage quality and known handset problems, they are usually quite helpful.

Seems strange to me that if you tried the sim in another phone and it was the same, it might be a faulty sim rather than a faulty phone. suggest to them that they replace the sim - this is a very cheap option for them - and see what happens.

Just a point about coverage claims.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

• 2 years later...

Dear All [edited]

This must stop NOW, Tell all your friends about this site, tell the media, tell the pr companies of their competitors and we will bring these people to justice by hitting them the best way possible IN THE POCKET !

Yours Sincerely

J Thompson

THE PEOPLES CHAMPION

x

Edited by jonni2bad

i think its real enough when you have ALREADY SETTLED the dispute and someone drags up a SETTLED debt to try and get more money. As for Nazi's my reference is pertaining to the mercilessness of them all.

I think its pretty evident to everyone here that you are either someone working for t-mobile or howells. And if you really think i dont have a point why has Sky News and 2 other papers shown an interest in the story ?

My suggestion to you would be just watch this space because i'm going to do the rest of my talking with action now.

I'm not going to get involved in a slanging match, but you need to grow up instead of firing accusations at me and insulting all who fought in the war, and all the victims of the Nazis. When you see what councils and their bailiffs are doing to people for unpaid council tax and parking tickets, and the way banks have been fleecing people for years (ironic that as taxpayers, customers now have to pay up AGAIN to bail them out) then what T-Mobile are doing pales into insignificance.

They are only acting like any company would who are owed money, and why not? They can't do anything to those who have paid up - you simply tell their debt collectors to take it to court or to take a hike - and again, if you owe and haven't paid then you should try to come to some sort of arrangement. It's not rocket science.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

• 10 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks