didnt update my licence address, just got flashed...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3645 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone

I was taking my grandson to the railway club tonight and

I didn't realise that I was in a 30 zone and not a 40 zone as I thought,

I came home and thought I had better look my driving license out in case I get a fine from the police and

to my horror it still has my old address on it from about 10 years ago.

All my other car documents and log book is registered to my existing address for the last 10 years or so.

I don't know what to do. is honesty the best policy.

I feel very worried about this.

what do you think.

cg

Edited by CG7
missed text out

First of all, do you think that you may have been speeding? Did you go past a speed camera? Your speedo may have said 40, but in reality they always read a few mph more than your true road speed. Also, ACPO guidelines normally allow 10% plus 2mph over the limit before it would trigger a speeding offence, so it is entirely possible that you will not be in trouble.

As for the licence, yes it is an offence not to update it, so I would get the application in ASAP - you can even do it online here https://www.gov.uk/change-address-driving-licence

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi sidewinder and thanks very much for your reply, the road used to be a 40 zone but they changed it to a 30 zone and I am not familiar with it, just dropped my grandson off at his railway club.

I did look at the dvla site but they asked how long I have lived here and I didn't know how to reply as I have lived here for quite a while although as I said the car documents are all registered to me at this address..

kind regards,

cg