style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With the new bailiff fees set to be allowed shortly, does anyone think that this will lead to an increase in DRO'S and bankruptcies,will these new increased fees be the straw that breaks the camels back?

That is one distinct possibility. If there were more DRO and Bankruptcies and therefore possibly less debtors for bailiffs to pursue, maybe bailiffs will be amongst the wave of bankruptcies also.

We can but wait and see.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Here are the plain English terms of the new fees you figure it out it will see so much heartache this has been covered many times over the past few months by numerous posters.

See attachment for the basics you will need to know

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Are they the only fees it can charge? Also the removal of tools for work is a bit scarey...... Would that include a van? eeeek

Knowing the cost of tools today that is not much, and yes one of the first things they will have away is a vehicle.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

How the hell can they take a work van???? Can't earn money if there's no way to get to work

Playing devils advocate here. But say you are a joiner, would it be fair to say you don't need that particular van, you need a van? And could you also say it's not the van that's the tool of the trade, it's actually your hand/machine tools you use to carry out your job that should be classed as a tool of the trade?

Just read that pdf and my god what are the gov doing, Lets make more money for the private firms, Wonder how much % the bailiffs are donating to the gov?

So someones debt when going to a enforcement agent is going to have costs up to £300 or more on the 1st visit.

What happened to the basic fees £18 and £24.

For someone on JSA with a debit that is sent to the bailiffs and they visit that debt suddenly increases by £300, £75.00 and £235.00.

That is equivalent to a months JSA income.

Obviously its those in power who think £75 and £235 is peanuts, breakfast and dinner payments to those toffs.

Also removed the protection of work tools, equipment, wt f. How is anyone going to earn a living if they have their only means of working removed.

Hopefully someone can answer this for me.

Even with all the new fees etc.. If the enforcement agent can't gain peaceful entry or levy on anything does the account get sent back to the client.

They have not been given any further powers for entry have they?

I really see this next few months will see a mass increase of enforcement agents visiting A&E or even worst the morgue.

George

biggeorge, the people drafting the laws and the MPs are all on good money, and have a pension and expenses, so they would pay the equivalent of a weeks JSA for a single person on a lunch, nuff said!