Absolute Locate/Global Debt Recovery and Credit files

andyzbox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3720 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Firstly thank your for this wonderful foruem. It really has put my mind at rest.

I am in the same situation as many other I have read on here, just started getting letters, 1st was from absolute locate, ignored now one from Global. I have checked my credit file and all is clean.

I don't know if I can be bothered or even give them the satisfaction of responding, as whatever they have must be statue barred.

However could they add something to my credit file if I don't respond? I'm guessing this is something to do with my lloyds account I held over 10 years ago.

I'm happy to just keep ignoring them but only if they couldn't mess up my credit file!

Cheers

Andy

Hi and welcome to CAG

As you think it is an old account, it is highly umlikely any data will be placed on your credit file. A default for any debt should have been placed within 6 months of the first missed (or reduced payment) so if one was placed, it has fallen off, never to be resurrected.

If you wanted to play with Global, you could send a prove it letter which would bring back some info on what the original debt was.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE