Why bother??

Blossom99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 3 settled defaults on my credit score since 2011. I understand this trashed it, even if they are settled. However since the I have paid of £7k of car finance completely, all on time and it's now finished. Paid off my credit card debt and now pay it in full monthly. I have never missed a loan repayment or my mobile phone contract payment - and my overdraft is paid in full should I go into it. And I am on the electoral roll. However my credit score is still showing as very poor - the lowest score possible on Experian, and 1/5 on noddle. Am I still being penelised for my defaults 3 years ago even though I settled them and have not missed a payment since and have paid other debts in full? That seems hugely unfair that I have to wait until 2017 to rebuild my credit score. I phoned experian and even the lady on the phone said she thought it was harsh. Is this normal?

You credit rating should start to increase soon as lenders usually concentrate on your most recent history. There are some that might take exception to you having defaulted in the past six years though. The score we provide on our website to people is built to reflect how many lenders are likely to rate your credit history, so if it's still quite low it might be best to wait a little longer if you're planning to make a new application. James