PC world / samsung warranty urgent help!

moozer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3721 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I hope someone can help here. I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab3 from PC World on 15/12/2013. A few weeks ago, I unplugged the charger cable and a small section of the charging port connection came out with it.

I took it to PC World who then sent it off to Samsung for inspection.

Today, I received a call from PC World to say that Samsung have been in touch have said that the tablet is not covered by the warranty as it is user damage. They require £73 to fix it.

I am so annoyed - Samsung are retaining the tablet until a decision is made to repair or return (why I would want it returned is beyond me). If returned, they are asking for an administration fee (unknown amount).

I was fuming with the guy from PC World and expressed my concern that a brand new product should not last 7 weeks. I have plugged the charger in as one would normally and unplugged it as one would normally, but it seems that they are blaming me for the damage and are basically holding me to ransome over it.

I want this repaired and to be repaired free - as I would expect a new product to be still working after 7 weeks.

Please can someone give me best advise on my course of action?

Moozer

Hi moozer

How did you pay for it? If it was by Credit Card or Visa Debt then you ask to do a Chargeback or Section 75.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

You could also consider writing a Formal Letter of Complaint to the CEO of Dixons.

All communications in writing.