• Tweets

• Instructed to start a new topic. My Debt has also transferred to J&P,  I was getting letters to my previous address from IDR which stopped - i still have access to the adress but its not where i live, there a letter on the way to Dubai confirming my current address as advised above. 4 weeks ago out of the blue i get a text regarding credit card debt and to call a number, ignored the message, the next day i get a letter from J&P to my current address. A couple of weeks in a row i get the same text and again a letter. They have managed to get my current phone number and address. I have just received a phone call from 07441 362857, I answered and they asked if my name was xxxxxx which i confirmed, they only asked my first name. after i confirmed they just put the phone down. Any ideas how would they be able to get my phone number? Does this sound like a tactic to try and get me to ring them back, or could it be some other, totally unrelated scam? just seems weird they knew my name.
    • Protesters opposed to the expansion of the site have clashed with police.View the full article
    • Indeed they may have.  But you will be required to submit them again when you accept the fixed penalty. The instructions will be with the offer. It's up to you whether you want to ignore those instructions or say something like "you already have them." But if you do, the offer will be withdrawn and your case will move to court action where, as I said, the cost will be considerably greater. It's your choice but I mentioned it so as to avoid you any further trouble. Believe me, I know about these things.
    • This is about the worst PCN I have ever seen.  No attempt to include a period of parking.  Denying you the right of appeal as you've accused "either/or" of two completely different offences so haven't a clue about what you're supposed to have done wrong.  As the others say no mention of POFA and sent out too late for keeper liability. You might as well get onto the CEO of Tesco  https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9138&c=Tesco Plc-Group CEO  laying it on thick about being a genuine customer and attaching proof of purchase, and ask that Tesco get the ticket cancelled.  Some companies - Asda - are superb at doing this.  Others - McDonald's - are useless.  We don't know about Tesco but it would be useful to find out.  Nothing ventured ...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Debt & Credit File Advice

Kelkeep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in 2000/2001 I ran away from my debts due to mental health issues with my husband and depression on my part however I am tired of living looking over my shoulder but am also terrified of people starting to bang on my door. I am trying to take some responsibility for my sanity and for my family. I have been told that I can check my credit file without people banging the door but dont know where to start and would appreciate any advice

02/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent recorded delivery

07/10/06 - statements recieved

09/10/06 - Letter requesting refund sent recorded delivery

27/10/06 - LBA sent recorded delivery

You can order a paper copy of your file from the credit reference agencies for £2 each (there's 3.)

Online Credit Reports and Credit Reporting from a Leading Credit Agency: Equifax

Credit Reports: Get your Credit Report from Experian UK

Credit report information for consumers - Callcredit

You can also view it online with some of them, sign up for the free trial and cancel it before you pay for the next month.

Something else you should be aware of, after 6 years if you haven't acknowledged a debt it becomes statute barred and should disappear from your file.

• 1 year later...

Similar thing with my credit report. Showed that not on electoral roll and on several searches the time at address field showed 00 years and 00 months..

As I am on the roll and have written confirmation of this - approval of postal vote - I asked Experian why and was told that my address details had to be EXACT match with electoral roll entry.

This caused more problems cos the data entry field for address was too short...I eventually got this amended but wonder if refused credit due to this?

I also have an alias - it is my maiden name!!

When sorted out my bank charges I would like to get further into this cos I find it unbelievable that the system they use is so inefficient - eg the first part of my postcode is attached to the city field as well. EG London SE8, SE8 9XX.

According to the experian agent I spoke to this is another quirk in their system..