Debt & Credit File Advice

Kelkeep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5759 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in 2000/2001 I ran away from my debts due to mental health issues with my husband and depression on my part however I am tired of living looking over my shoulder but am also terrified of people starting to bang on my door. I am trying to take some responsibility for my sanity and for my family. I have been told that I can check my credit file without people banging the door but dont know where to start and would appreciate any advice

02/10/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent recorded delivery

07/10/06 - statements recieved

09/10/06 - Letter requesting refund sent recorded delivery

27/10/06 - LBA sent recorded delivery

You can order a paper copy of your file from the credit reference agencies for £2 each (there's 3.)

Online Credit Reports and Credit Reporting from a Leading Credit Agency: Equifax

Credit Reports: Get your Credit Report from Experian UK

Credit report information for consumers - Callcredit

You can also view it online with some of them, sign up for the free trial and cancel it before you pay for the next month.

Something else you should be aware of, after 6 years if you haven't acknowledged a debt it becomes statute barred and should disappear from your file.

• 1 year later...

Similar thing with my credit report. Showed that not on electoral roll and on several searches the time at address field showed 00 years and 00 months..

As I am on the roll and have written confirmation of this - approval of postal vote - I asked Experian why and was told that my address details had to be EXACT match with electoral roll entry.

This caused more problems cos the data entry field for address was too short...I eventually got this amended but wonder if refused credit due to this?

I also have an alias - it is my maiden name!!

When sorted out my bank charges I would like to get further into this cos I find it unbelievable that the system they use is so inefficient - eg the first part of my postcode is attached to the city field as well. EG London SE8, SE8 9XX.

According to the experian agent I spoke to this is another quirk in their system..