kriso v Capital One ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today I got a settlement letter offering £104 to pay off the difference between the £20 fees I was charged and the new £12 charge.

Tempting as it is, I think I iwll pursue this for all my money :D

Hi Kriso.

I would say you will accept the offer but only as a partial payment. I normally underline the wording regarding Partial Payment, it helps to let them understand that you are serious. Remember to send it Recorded or Special delivery, as they cannot come back and say its not been received.

Cheers T.D.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

It's been over 2 weeks since I posted off my LBA to Capital One and as they haven't responded to this, I'm going to start the Moneyclaim bit.

In my 2 letters I sent a list of charges but did not specify the amount of interest for these. I did however state in my letters that I would claim back the full amount plus interest and costs.

Should I have really stated the interest amounts in these letters or can I still claim back the interest at this stage? :confused:

Hi

It's been over 2 weeks since I posted off my LBA to Capital One and as they haven't responded to this, I'm going to start the Moneyclaim bit.

In my 2 letters I sent a list of charges but did not specify the amount of interest for these. I did however state in my letters that I would claim back the full amount plus interest and costs.

Should I have really stated the interest amounts in these letters or can I still claim back the interest at this stage? :confused:

Hi take some time to read the FAqs and step by step instructions again.

You do not claim the 8% interest until the MCOL stage so you are fine.

Please stick to one thread per claim.

Thanks for the reply livelylad.

Sorry I thought I had read all the FAQs and just re-read the bit that says 'but do NOT include the 8% interest on the schedule yet.' :oops:

But the reason I asked was becasue on the Moneyclaim step-by-step instructions it says

'If you have not already sent a full schedule of charges and overdraft interest to your bank

-- then --

stop!'

Just don't want to do anything to damage my case. I started a new thread as this question didn't apply to any paticular claim I had made or will make. I won't make any more threads!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Received another letter today from Robert Udy..probably in response to me sending off another list of charges with interest showing. It says the offer of £104 is still open to me and that they can't increase it :p

Well today I got the letter saying they have had the opputunity to investigate my claim blah blah and 'in an effort to resolve this matter without the need for a court hearing', sent me a cheque for £307.06 :D

Still waiting for Barclycard and today I sent off my S.A.R. to Egg

Well today I got the letter saying they have had the opputunity to investigate my claim blah blah and 'in an effort to resolve this matter without the need for a court hearing', sent me a cheque for £307.06 :D

Still waiting for Barclycard and today I sent off my S.A.R. to Egg

Well Done, Kriso - I am not far behind you hopefully, how long after they acknowledged the claim did they write to settle.

DS

how long after they acknowledged the claim did they write to settle.

I received the letter from Capital One acknowleging the claim on the 28th. So 20 days. Tho I think some ppl have received their settlement quicker than this.....they're probably quite busy at the moment ;)

P.S. Can a mod add *SETTLED IN FULL* or something to the topic please? Don't think I can do it..

Well done kriso...Good luck with any others you have pending.

Is the behaviour of these institutions completely random when dealing with these claims? Or is the level of response people get dependent upon how much money your owed?

I'm now about a day off the deadline set out in my Letter Before Action for reclaim of a grand or so, and Capital One are still studiously ignoring me....

Debt free, partially thanks to CAG forums.

Cheque received today :D I just realised they haven't paid me all the interest I'm technically owed - just the interest up to the date I filled out my claim. It's only 6p a day so not going to worry about it.

Is the behaviour of these institutions completely random when dealing with these claims? Or is the level of response people get dependent upon how much money your owed?
As far as I can tell it's somewhat random..but I don't think the amount of your claim should affect how long they take to respond. Just stick to your timescale and make that claim if their time is up. Good luck!