• Tweets

• Thank you JK2054 and BankFodder for your replies. The information requested is as follows:   My wife and I are sole traders supplying bespoke, handmade wedding trays and other items through our website. We do not sell on ebay. We had an order for two trays (invoice value £370) that were shipped on Monday 25th March. We used P2G as the broker and Evri as the shipper. We declared the value but did not take out insurance. As the trays were a present for a wedding on Saturday 30th March we checked the progress of delivery on the Thursday to see that there had been an attempt to deliver on the 27th but the driver failed to deliver as the customer’s gate was shut (customer informs us that the gates are open between 7am-7pm. We contacted the customer who informed us she had been waiting in all week and there had been no attempt of a delivery. Evri allege they attempted to deliver on the 28th & 29th. On the P2G web site on the 4th April at 14.17 it stated that the customer refused delivery. At 14.28 it updated to say there was a problem with the address and at 14.32 updated to say the customer had refused delivery. At 14.35 updated again to say it was being returned. Last entry was on the 7th April that it was being processed at the depot. We never received it. I have had six web chats with P2G between the 4th-30th April. On the 26th April, I had an offer of £20 plus cost of delivery (£6.72) from P2G which I rejected. During this time, I also contacted Evri that resulted in an email from Evri Customer Services (20th April) stating that they had lost the parcel. I replied requesting details of the attempted delivery but received no reply. After emailing Evri again on the 23rd asking again for the information I received a phone call from someone called Haleemah on the 25th who apologised and promised to send an email with a link to submit a claim form. I subsequently received an email with the link which only took me to a page that stated “Page not found”. After informing Evri customer services of the problem (to which no reply was forthcoming) a couple of days later I retried the link but it only took me to the Evri website. I believe that I have a good case against both companies but would appreciate guidance on which path to go down. I have read most of the information on this site, which has been very helpful and much appreciated, particularly the various court transcripts. I appreciate that this process is a marathon and not a sprint and am fully aware that I need to get everything in the correct order before starting on the legal road. I am sure this covers the current position but if further info is needed please let me know.  
    • Everything at small claims revolves around informality and common sense, there are no "special" ways to have to do things. The site manager's WS will be like yours and the one I linked to - just much shorter.  There need to be the introductory hearings about the case, the parties, etc., and the concluding Statement of Truth. In the middle just a couple of paragraphs where they say who they are, how they know you, and about permission being given by the landowner to use the car park. Superb.  I've added another section about the signage to the suggested WS sections three posts above. Yes, it's perfectly possible.  It'd be a good idea to phone the court on the 18th to see if they have paid.
    • OK thank you very much. I will prepare my WS as you advise.  I will indeed be preparing the WS over the weekend. I will also post UKPC's on Wednesday by 2nd class mail. As they have until the 17th to pay the court fee, is it possible they might discontinue at that stage too? Also I wanted to ask, in what form should the site manager's statement come? And the site owner if i can contact them? I will get photos of the signage to share with you also. Thank you.
    • Theres speculation on whether the magazine was Womens Weekly or Boys own 😀   ... probably a classic first edition of boys own - based on it costing $130k :lol  
    • You have five days yet to respect the WS deadline which is next Wednesday.  As others have said,  you can e-mail the court their copy.  That gives you the whole weekend to get the WS prepared.  Personally I'd post UKPC's theirs by 2nd class post (all they are worth) on Wednesday too, the court won't look badly on a short delay from a Litigant-in-Person. Another point.  In your WS you say their signs are rubbish.  That's a great point if their signs really are rubbish.  It's a dreadful point if their signs are fine.  So have you got photos of their signs?
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Angry Cat v Egg** Egg smashed at last**

angry cat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guy's,

Hopefully you all had a pleasant and peaceful christmas.

I hadn't heard a peep from Egg since their last letter which was an insult to my intelligence!!

Therefore, I have been busily preparing my Court Bundle, in preparation for my hearing 29 January 2007.

Yesterday, the following letter dropped through my letter box, it is from the law firm, Addleshaw Goddard:-

"ADDLESHAW GODDARD

Dear Angry Cat

Re: Yourself v Egg Banking plc Claim Number XXXXXXXX

We have been intructed on behalf of Egg Banking plc ("Egg") in relation to the proceedings brought by you against Egg currently in the Tunbridge Wells County Court under Claim Number XXXXXXXX

1 Egg views its terms and conditions as fair and in particular the charges levied pursuant to Section 7.1 of your Credit Agreement with Egg to be a genuine pre-estimate of loss rather than a penalty.

2 Notwithstanding Egg's view, in the particular circumstances of your case Egg puts forward the following settlement proposal:

(a) Without admission of liability and on a purely commercial and ex gratia basis Egg will within 14 days of your acceptance of this proposal by return of the signed Consent Order (see paragraph (b) below) credit your account number XXXXXXXXX ("the Account") with £344.22 in full and final settlement of the proceedings in Tunbridge Wells County Court under Claim number XXXX

and of all claims, rights, actions and causes of action (including claims for interest and costs) you may have against Egg arising out of or in connection with any issue pleaded in this case. As you will appreciate this is the full amount of your Claim against Egg broken down as follows:

(i) £260.00 for charges

(ii) £10.00 for the Data Protection Act fee

(iii) £65.16 for the interest on the claim form and

(iv) £9.06 for the interest at 8% from 2 August 2006 projected to

31 December 2006.

(b) As your acceptance of the proposal you will sign and return to us the Consent Order enclosed with this letter providing for dismissal of the proceedings on the basis of each party bearing their own costs. Once we receive the signed Consent Order Egg will process the credit outlined above and we will lodge the Consent Order at Court to bring the proceedings to an end.

© The terms of the settlement shall remain confidential between the parties and their legal advisors save that the same may be disclosed.

(i) To the extent necessary for the purpose of enforcement of the settlement; and

(ii) To any Court, government or other authority to the extent necessary for compliance with a lawful obligation by the party disclosing it and to the extent necessary to any professional adviser to that party in connection with the giving or receiving of advice in relation to such disclosure.

3 The above proposal will remain open for acceptancer until 4 January 2007 after which it will be automatically withdrawn;

4 For avoidance of doubt, following the proposed credit to your Accounr pursuant to paragraph 2(a) above, you will remain indebted to Egg in relation to the remaining outstanding debit balance of your Account.

Yours faithfully

ADDLESHAW GODDARD"

The Consent Order reads as follows:-

"ANGRY CAT

AND

EGG BANKING plc

CONSENT ORDER

UPON READING the Minute of the Order signed by the parties

BY CONSENT

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1 The Claimants Claim is dismissed.

2 There be no order for costs of this application or in the case.

Dated.......

I Angry Cat of XXXXXXX, Claimant consent to an Order in the above terms

....................................................................................................

We, Addleshaw Goddard LLP of Sovereign House, Sovereign Street, Leeds LS1 1HQ, Solicitors for the Defendant (reference XXXXXXXX) consent to an Order in the above terms:

........................................"

END

I angry cat will most certainly NOT agree to the above Consent Order!

How Dare you Addleshaw Goddard !!!

I am the Claimant, I Issued my County Court Claim against Egg and I DO NOT, WILL NOT agree to your "Unfair Terms"

Typical Egg.....Do they think that I am stupid ?

it would appear that they do.

Not only am I expected to keep quiet, but I am also expected to sign away my Rights:-

"of all claims, rights, actions and causes of action (including claims for interest and costs) you may have against Egg arising out of or in connection with any issue pleaded in this case".

NO, NO, NO, NO.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

AC

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well done ac good on you

best of luck cb

SETTLED CASES

LTSB (CC) £20 21-8-06

HSBC (CC) £600 19-10-06

HSBC (Ac) No.1 £1900 25-10-06

RBS (CC) £900 25-10-06

Smile (Ac) £1300 17-11-06

A&L (Ac) No.1 £400 23-11-06

A&L (Mortgage ERC) £3900 4-12-06

LTSB (Ac) £200 13-12-06

A&L (Ac) No.2 £120 19-12-06

HSBC (Ac) No.2 £650 29-12-06

LTSB (Business) £1700 13-2-07

RBS (Ac) £4500 + Default Removal 17-3-07

Barclays (Bus) Warrant of Execution 10-3-07 not used yet

ONGOING CASES

Egg (CC) N1 Filed £1300 + Default Removal Judgment Order 9/1/07 In my Favour

Barclays Business loan & 2 accs. S.A.R N1 filed Judgment in Default isued 15/2/07

HSBC (CC) have failed to produce Credit Agreement

TO DO CASES

Egg (Loan)

LTSB (Ac Ltd Company)

LTSB (Loan)

Hi AC

That Consent Order looks familiar! :D

I have to say, I think it's one of the cheekiest things I've seen from the other side, be that Egg or any of the others :rolleyes:

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

They're also trying to get out of paying your court fee, from what I can see.

Yes Bookworm, plus the fact that the figures quoted are incorrect!.......and

Even though I would NOT accept any offer bound by unfair terms, I am unable to even consider the offer due to the following that was stated in the settlement proposal #4

"4 For avoidance of doubt, following the proposed credit to your Accounr pursuant to paragraph 2(a) above, you will remain indebted to Egg in relation to the remaining outstanding debit balance of your Account".

I have to challenge "the remaining outstanding debit balance", because I have been paying for PPI and even though I am unwell (long term illness) I was given to understand that I could not Claim on that insurance. However, after viewing the CAG PPI forum that appears not to be the case.

My Egg hearing has been allocated to the fast track 29 January 2007, my Court Bundle has to be in by 15 January 2007. Therefore if I amend my Claim, I may have to request an ajournment?

AC

ps Have a Happy New Year

Thanks for your post in my thread.

Re-reading your thread has certainly given me more confidence to stand my ground. Im drafting a reply to them now.

Have you replied to the letter/consent form or are you going to ignorre them?

Good luck getting the court bundle together.

love EEK!!!

Hi EEK!!!

Apologies for my delay in responding, but my PC has been playing up.

I have written to Addleshaw Goddard rejecting their Clients (Egg) settlement proposal because the amount quoted is incorrect...plus the fact that I will not be bound by their Clients 'Unfair Terms'.

Therefore, I have refused to sign the Consent Order.

Love AC

Hi Guys-

Well now Humpty Dumpty has gone very quiet?

Anyhow, Re: my response to Humpty's (Addleshaw Goddard) settlement proposal that I rejected due to their attempts of imposing Unfair Terms, together with the fact that the monies offered were incorrect, I have today amended my Claim.

I filled out an Application Notice N244, this was to make an Amendment to my Claim and filed the form at the Court today.

The cost was £65.00

The hearing of my Application for Amendment to my Claim will take place at 11:30 29 January 2007, which is the same time as my Claim hearing :- 11:30 29 January 2007.

Love AC

AC, I noticed Tunbridge Wells Court in an earlier post. Are you in Tun Wells? I'm in Southborough!

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Hey angry cat, read through your case yesterday, I'm Hooked!Best of luck on the 29th, I'm right at the beginning of mine and will be send my request for payment soon.

Take Care

smackbat

<(o.o)> Smackbat

:) Smile.co.uk - £4,400 WON 12/10/06

:)Smile.co.uk - £156 WON Feb 07

:)Smile.co.uk - £280 WON 25/06/07

:mad: Egg PLC - £3,420.72 - Defence filed 24/06/07

:? Alliance & Leicester - DPR Request sent

:? Woolich PLC - To Start

Hi Cat

What was the final date for submitting your court bundle? Have you or the court received a bundle from Egg?

My bundle has to be in by next thursday (18/01) but my hearing is not until April!! I's already to post tomorrow - 93 pages in each one!

My friend commented tonight that not only are the banks wasting Court resources & time by dragging it out they are also wasting trees!!

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

Hi Kazzaw-

My Court Bundle has to be taken to the court by Monday 15/01/2007-

14 days prior to the hearing.

I agree with your friends comment about banks wasting Court resources & time....and

I believe that a District Judge has recently made the following statement re another bank-

"Dragging out the process as long as possible and...Intimidating Claimants who are laymen at law".

AC

Didn't get round to posting the bundle as I received a settlement letter from Egg this morning for the full amount including interest up to next Saturday & NO CONFIDENTIALITY CLAUSE!! :eek:

Can't do any other than accept but I feel a bit let down that nobody will see my lovely court bundles which I lovingly prepared!! I really thought they'd drag it out a bit longer.

Of course I haven't got the money in my hand yet!

Really hope you get yours sorted soon. :-|

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

Well done..pleast take a minute to fill out the survey for us.:D

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

Hi Guy's-

My extensive Court Bundle has been safely delivered to the Court and accepted.

Bundle approx. 98 pages !!

I have also sent Addleshaw Goddard (Egg's solicitors) a copy Court Bundle, as is required.

Now all I have to do is to compile some more evidence for the E Day and then hopefully Humpty Dumpty will have a great fall...or at least incur a hairline Crack.

Love AC

hi ac when will you hear what evidence egg have put in

yours CB

SETTLED CASES

LTSB (CC) £20 21-8-06

HSBC (CC) £600 19-10-06

HSBC (Ac) No.1 £1900 25-10-06

RBS (CC) £900 25-10-06

Smile (Ac) £1300 17-11-06

A&L (Ac) No.1 £400 23-11-06

A&L (Mortgage ERC) £3900 4-12-06

LTSB (Ac) £200 13-12-06

A&L (Ac) No.2 £120 19-12-06

HSBC (Ac) No.2 £650 29-12-06

LTSB (Business) £1700 13-2-07

RBS (Ac) £4500 + Default Removal 17-3-07

Barclays (Bus) Warrant of Execution 10-3-07 not used yet

ONGOING CASES

Egg (CC) N1 Filed £1300 + Default Removal Judgment Order 9/1/07 In my Favour

Barclays Business loan & 2 accs. S.A.R N1 filed Judgment in Default isued 15/2/07

HSBC (CC) have failed to produce Credit Agreement

TO DO CASES

Egg (Loan)

LTSB (Ac Ltd Company)

LTSB (Loan)

Okay Guys-

Apparently Egg have not submitted their court bundle?

The Judge ordered that both the Claimant [me] and the Defendant [egg] court bundles be delivered to the court 14 days prior to the hearing. Therefore the bundles should have been with the court last Monday 15/01/2007 as the claim is due to be heard on 29/01/2007.

I believe that a skeleton argument can be submitted 7 days prior to the hearing, so I guess that Egg can still provide their argument by Monday 22/01/2007...not quite sure what the rules are? Meaning if the Defendant has not submitted their Court Bundle, can they still submit a skeleton argument, or will they simply rely upon their original defence at the hearing?

AC

Hi

Just popped in to give a bit of moral support. Why don't they just pay up instead of messing about!!!

Good luck

k :-)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks