style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Today my partner had a visit from Marston to collect on a warrant for a water bill.

The bailiff has hand written the attendance letter listing fees but was not able to access the house nor did he speak to my partner.

judgement debt £710.68

judgement cost £0.00

Execution costs £111.75

interest to £0.00

officers fees £351.10

TOTAL LEVY £1173.53

I have had a look but cannot find out if the fees are correct or if the officers fees are too high.

My partner doesn't know if this is a county court warrant.

no other paperwork was left

Can the officers fees be almost half the judgement debt?

On the face of things the amounts being charged do seem reasonable compared with some I have seen, although they could still be challenged.

The Water Co have taken you to Court for non-payment, been awarded a CCJ against you and as still unpaid has been transferred through to the High Court for enforcement. Did you have any knowledge of the original Court claim?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is still a ccj it's just the method to enforcing that has changed , utility companies prefer to use HCEO's to 'collect' their debts. This is advantageous if the debtor is a business as it allows HCEO's to enter the buisness premises a lot easier, other than that the same rules apply to residential properties that apply to any bailiff....they must obtain 'peaceful' entry and cannot force entry to any outbuildings that are attached to a dwelling (garage)

If your situation is that you cannot afford the £1100+ and the HCEO is set on you entering into repayment plan you cannot afford because it will possibly cause hardship, you can apply to the Court (form N244) to stay the writ on the grounds you cannot afford the fees being charged and you can also seek a variation order to affordable payments.

If you can show you had no prior knowledge of the debt or were not given any opportunity to defend/counterclaim then you can give consideration to applying to have the ccj set aside. Please keep in mind that this action will only be of good to you if you are able to settle the debt there and then. The creditor can simply issue you with another claim and if you cannot pay up you will have only achieved swapping one ccj for another.