Charging Order debt has been sold to another creditor

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a charging order on my property from Blackhorse for approx £10K debt and have been paying £20 per month off this for the last 5 years. However, Ii recently received a letter from Blackhorse solicitors saying the debt has been sold on to Lowell. I have contacted Lowell who say the charging order has not been transferred to them.

I am willing to continue paying the debt as per the current agreement (£20 per month), however I would like the charging order to be removed. I would like to sell my house next year and would just about break even if I did not have this charging order. However, the C.O puts me into negative equity. It is extremely frustrating as I am sure Blackhorse would have sold this debt to Lowell for pennies.

My questions are: Can I have this CO removed since the original creditor has sold the debt, and if not, can I sell my home if the CO puts me into negative equity. Thanks in advance for your help