Revenue Protection Officers checking tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are revenue protection officers legally entitled to check tickets and passes once the passenger has left the bus?

I have seen this a few times but it has occurred to me that the pavement is not TfL property.

On the last occasion the man claimed he had given his Oyster card to a friend on the bus so she could get home later on.

I've no idea what the outcome was as I got off the bus to avoid being delayed.

Thanks in advance to those replying.

Absolutely. Same as railway inspectors. If they know you have travelled on said bus/train/tram, you have to produce a ticket. Unlike trains, buses are often more difficult as a lot of the time, as soon as the passenger alights, they are off TfL property, and thus there's not the safety and confines of a Bus Station or Railway Station. Certain operators don't like staff going off the station etc, but it's a little more difficult not to on a bus. The onus on the passenger is still the same though.

Are revenue protection officers legally entitled to check tickets and passes once the passenger has left the bus?

I have seen this a few times but it has occurred to me that the pavement is not TfL property.

On the last occasion the man claimed he had given his Oyster card to a friend on the bus so she could get home later on.

I've no idea what the outcome was as I got off the bus to avoid being delayed.

Oh I do hope they didn't believe that

Thanks in advance to those replying.

mmm yes of course he did, I do hope the revenue protection officers didn't believe him