Black Horse debt, lowells & a default issue

Cabaye
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi cab. Did the original creditor put that default date on your file, or did the new owner?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Lowells have form for doing this when they buy debts. Have you checked with the credit agency to see who put the initial marker on your file?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Yes I've been trawling through these forums since I discovered the default and noticed this is quite common!

I have raised a query with Experian, who have contacted Lowell for me to investigate. I'm fully expecting the standard "we asked the, they said it's correct" response though.

I've actually called Lowell, Black Horse and Experian about it over a month ago, who said they would all look into it for me, but no one got back to me.

if you get that response, tell them that you didnt ask that question. You want to know who put the original default date on and what it was. You want the historic entry which they can tell you.

Funnily enough, when I last spoke to Experian, I asked if it is possible to go back to before 2010 on my file and was told no. I can only go back as far as when I signed up to Credit Expert, which is understandable, but I would've thought they could look back further. Apparently not. I'm intrigued as to what was there before then as I suspect the alleged debt would be SB'd by now.

I actually dispute the debt in it's entirety, but thought having the default date corrected would at least remove it from my file as I am currently applying for credit and this is causing me problems.

When I get an email back from Experian, I'll start up a thread of my own.

Just got off the phone with Experian again. They have contacted Lowell, but no response so far.

The bloke on the phone said that the default date would have been provided to Lowell by BH.

Thanks for the advice Brig, I'll get the SAR and CCA letters sent out.

so when did you open the black horse loan

and when did you not pay it.

who's to say lowells did default the debt?

black horse might have done that and lowlife inherited it.

when was it sold to lowlife?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX,

The account was opened in Feb 2006 with BH. I can't remember for sure, but my last payment would've been in early 2007.

The default date is Feb 2010, so I can only assume Lowells bought it from BH at some point after that date... Perhaps BH changed the date to make it a more appealing purchase to Lowells!?

they wont care even if its sttute barred

they'll still try and fleece people.

if you look on noddle

it normally should payment history going back 6yrs

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

opps no links

try:

Credit Reference Agencies:Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle

fed up with DCA's calling get a TRUECALL BOX!! - HERE

Sort Your Debts Now - -

here

Start Your Own Thread - HERE

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A

Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan, Credit Card, mortgage & CAtalogue Charges Read Here

my views are my own...seek legal advice if ness

NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by telephone

- alert the siteteam IMMEDIATELY by hitting the black warning triangle on any message - Particularly if this results in a request to pay a fee to help you.

DX

RIP Martin3030

rant.gif

and they

Thanks dx,

I signed up for Noddle but it looks like the free version only shows the score number and no other details. I already pay for Experian and Equifax so don't really fancy paying for another CRA Service.

Will the SAR and CCA letters help me find out the actual default date?

Noddle shows everything. The score you have to pay for.

Click one of the links on the left and the accounts should be listed on the right

Looks like you will need to SAR the oc as advised in post # 7

Thanks dx,

I signed up for Noddle but it looks like the free version only shows the score number and no other details. I already pay for Experian and Equifax so don't really fancy paying for another CRA Service.

Will the SAR and CCA letters help me find out the actual default date?

theres no legal remit for any details of the default to be inc in the sar

the account was opened in feb 2006

closed in 2007 [how do you know this? you paid it off?]

as theres no payment made +6yrs

cant see how the history stops 2012 on noddle>

only record in say a comms log that one was sent.

somethings not right here.

and they

Sorry, I don't think I'm being very clear.

Let me give a bit of background:-

In 2006 I purchased a car on finance through Black Horse.

After less than a year, I lost my job and knew I was going to have problems repaying the finance,

I contacted Black Horse.

It was explained to me that I could simply return the car, and the sale would cover the remaining finance.

A few months after I returned the car, I was contacted about an outstanding debt with BH.

I explained that I returned the car, but was told there was still an outstanding balance of over £9000 to settle.

I disputed this of course and didn't hear anything for quite some time.

Since then, every 12 months or so I have been contacted by different DCA's chasing the payment.

Each time I have told them I don't owe any money, and that this is an error. Then I don't hear anything for months.

I recently signed up to credit expert, saw this 'default' and now want it sorting once and for all.

At the moment, I am applying for credit, and this being on my file is of course causing issues.

In answer to your questions, I didn't say that the account closed in 2007, I said that the last payment I would've made was in 2007.

I don't have any experience in this kind of thing, so I'm sorry if its not making sense!

Debt is obviously bad, and it seems like they know it. The DCA's are chancing their arm, as all they see is the £9000 mark on their spreadsheet. I bet they only paid £100 for the debt if that, so to get anything out of you would be pure profit for them.

sri I was going by post 1.

ok that's al lot clearer now

when you returned the car

that would not have ended the finance

as you'd not paid 50%

if you think it is now 6yrs or getting close to that

quite pers i'd be sending whomever wants money off you the SB letter.

your issue here is the account showing an outstanding balance that has only just [feb 2010] been defaulted.

i'd take a gamble here

phone black horse and ask them when your last payment was.

or

await the SAR return.

you are going to have trouble getting this default removed

the best you might do

is a brig letter to gt it moved to 3mts after last payment.

the fact that the debt is/might be SB'd sadly makes no odds to if/if not it shows on your CRa file.

dx

and they

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'm going to hold out and see what the SAR and CCA letters bring back.

you are going to have trouble getting this default removed

the best you might do

is a brig letter to gt it moved to 3mts after last payment.

the fact that the debt is/might be SB'd sadly makes no odds to if/if not it shows on your CRa file.

dx

If I got the default moved to 90 days after the last payment, wouldn't that remove it from my credit file (if it was over six years ago)?

Also, sorry, but what is a "brig letter"?

you're learning.

brig letter

ask brig to do you one of his letters

dx

and they

Just a quick update,

I've sent SAR letters to BH and Lowell today.

I spoke with someone at the National Debt line who advised I just sent SAR letters and not a CCA at this stage,

as sometimes that can be used as an acknowledgement of the debt.

Just a case of sitting tight now and seeing what happens.

I'm going to keep this thread as up to date as I can so other people can follow it through from begining to end.

It's a shame a lot of the posters who start threads don't come back and keep them updated as it's a real big help for people to be able to learn from others experiences.

Thanks for all the advice so far!