• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Advice on dispute

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Here I go again, needing advice of my forum friends regarding ppi

I had a loan with alliance and leicester in 1996 and claimed what I remember being 3 months in 2001 coming to the end of the loan.

On requesting mis selling to santanda I declared about the ppi claim and they wrote back 4 weeks asking did I have any further information for them.

I sent a copy of the final claim I made as the loan was finishing along with a copy of the FOS questionairre ..again!!

Santanda has replied 2 weeks later saying that I paid £1634.16 in premiums and claimed £6828.68 in claims

I know this is untrue but dont have the first claim letter just the last which shows they paid £108 for each week of 7 weeks

(this works out at £5616 only if they paid me for the full 12 months)

I believe that I claimed 12 weeks at £1296

Does anyone have any advice on how I can word a letter to ask for proof of these claims

because I know I only had 12 weeks claim due to sickness

please please help

Thank You

If you have made claims and have been paid out, why do you say this PPI was mis- sold please.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

weeks months

you getting things confused or are they.

you and they need proof of what you claimed & what you paid in PPI

do you have that?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes am getting confused

I have the second letter they sent saying what they would pay me for 7 weeks £756

It was miss-sold because I told them I did not need it, had insurance and paid for illness, redundancy and death with my company

This was the last 12 weeks of the loan and I claimed as it was there

I would have accepted that I had claimed and there no recompense except for the fact this company has lied as well as forcing me to take this PPI in the first place!!

all I was asking for was advice on how to word a letter to request the proof they have paid the PPI of more than half of the payments for the 60 month loan (which is a lie)

Hi

In principle you have a valid claim for mis-selling based on the reason you have given i.e. being forced to take it.

However, this is really only going to be worth pursuing if the amount of your mis-selling claim exceeds the amounts that have paid out under the policy.

So the question you want answered is how to ask for the proof of what they say.....here you go....

"Dear Sirs,

I refer to previous correspondence in this matter and in particular the amount that you have stated was paid out under the policy.

The figures you have quoted as being paid out differ significantly from the amounts which I believe to have been paid out to me.

As you have quoted specific figures for the amounts paid out under the policy it would seem that you have drawn those figures from some records which you have access to.

Please provide me with a detailed analysis of the amounts paid out under the terms of the policy together with copies of any correspondence you sent to me at the time in relation to my claims under the terms of the policy. This information should consist of the dates covered by any payments and the amounts paid.

It would also be useful if you could please provide copies of the loan account statements in order that I can verify that the amounts paid out under the policy were correctly applied to the account.

I would think it would be possible for you to provide this information within 14 days and so I look forward to hearing from you within that time frame.

Yours faithfully"

Who did you bank with at the time? With a lot of PPI the payments would have been made to your current account for you then to subsequently pay the loan. With some it may have been paid directly to the loan but might be worth a try.

Not to try and put you off, but the complaint reason you have given isn't the best either. It's a he said/she said scenario that neither party is likely to be able to prove. And whilst it may be true in your case is also used by a lot of chancers.

Thank you all

No, I am not pursuing a claim (i was never really very sure of it) although i am interested in knowing how they arrived at their figures based on the fact they asked me for copies of all figures and the dates and they are vastly different.

Thank you for the advice

Edited by AngR