Re: My Experience with Hastings Direct

Babydoc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'd like to share my experience with Hastings Direct.

I took out a car policy with them Aug 2011 which included windscreen cover. When my renewal letter came in Aug 2012 it stated in bold letters on the first page that it was £80 cheaper (it was actually only £20 cheaper) but I expected a cheaper premium as I'd gone from 2 years no claims to 3.

I called them yesterday as I need a new windscreen only to be told they'd removed this cover at the renewal stage, turns out this info was on page 6 of the renewal letter and very vague, nowhere on the letter were the words "windscreen cover has been removed", nor anything similar. As it was a renewal

with the same policy number, I assumed the level of cover would be the same.

How can they justify removing this cover without properly informing me ??

The person I spoke to yesterday told me the only way I can add this cover to my policy (after paying £446 for the new one, of course) is to cancel my policy and take out a new 12 month policy, thus losing the 7 weeks cover I have left and also I'll only get 3 years no claims whereby I'm due 4 years on Aug 31st. Anyone have similar problems?

Hi Babydoc, Thank you for taking the time to post here on CAG. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy and I would like to help. Can you please contact me directly and provide your policy detials so that this can be investigated? [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie

BabyDoc,

Can you please email your policy number to Jamie..

[email protected] (no spaces)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D