• Tweets

• Hi, I have found this group very helpful hence I am here seeking help and advice.   I got myself into a situation where I have now more than £50k in unsecured debts (personal loans & credit cards) and things are now getting out of control as I am struggling to make payments. This is purely my own created situation and I am taking 100% responsibility for it. I am keen to get out of this situation as soon as possible hence I would appreciate any help and advice in this process. I am employed at the moment and don’t want to risk going into IVA or bankruptcy as this would risk losing my job. Being sole bread earner of my family, I cannot afford to lose my job. I have been trying to keep up with the payments so far and had few missed payments instances until 3/4 months ago but got caught up with missed payments somehow using my savings. All my debts are still with original lenders. However I know I am getting into same situation again shortly and won’t be able to get out of it again. I have started exploring Debt Management Plan (DMP) option through StepChange but haven’t submitted it yet. Based on budgeting, I have around £820 available to make payments to all lenders after taking care of all other essential expenses. This is definitely lot more affordable than what I am currently paying to different lenders. 1. Is DMP right option for me in current situation? 2. what are the negative consequences of availing DMP? 3. is there something else that I can do to get out of this situation? I’m determined to clear out all my debts but need bit of breathing space and time. Let me know please if you need any additional information. Thanks in advance for all your help and guidance. MM  
    • Bookmakers use betting on political events to entice new customers, and say it is growing.View the full article
    • nope  and  neither dx
    • Ok Thank you DX will do just that . will keep you up dated.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

westcot-natwest-moorcroft

norman13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

New member hoping for some advice

I took a loan out with natwest in 2005-6 ,i lost my job 2007 ,

carried on paying by selling things and they wouldn't reduce payments even though they knew i was unemployed .

Eventually they did after i visited the c.a.b.

They set me up paying £1 per month direct but eventually natwest said that wasn't enough

and passed it on to moorcroft who i was then paying £5per month to.

After a while i noticed the natwest balance statement was about 600 less than the moorcroft's.

I queried this with moorcroft they did nothing ,so i queried it with natwest

and they said that i'd agreed when i went through the c.a.b. to pay all the account charges for when i was going overdrawn

(when i first lost my job and for the 8mths or so i was still trying to pay the full loan payments)

Eventually Natwest decided "as a good will gesture" to knock off around £230 of these charges.

So i carried on paying moorcroft 5 per month which i couldn't really afford (at one point they put it up to £10 per month!)

then in november/december last year i decided i was tired of their threatening letters

and trying to get me to increase payments so stopped paying them.

Shortly after this i moved house to a new address and though i haven't received any letters from natwest at this address ,

i have received many threatening letters from Westcot ,

the latest of which threatening to make doorstep visits via "credit security"

(the letter is also titled "DOOR STEP COLLECTION NOTICE"

and their balance shows the higher amount by around £450

than what a letter apparentley sent to from my old address from Natwest shows .

I didn't notify natwest of my address change .

I have not responded to either,haven't returned westcots letters or anything over last 3mths.

Unsure what to do as i've been unemployed since 2007 and this financial year now have to pay £17 per month

more towards council tax.

Should i write to westcot and offer a couple of quid a month or write to natwest and refuse to deal with westcot?

i've tried looking around on here but i'm not a good reader and struggling to find where to start.

Any advice appreciated

thanks

Norman

Edited by norman13

Hi Norman,

Welcome to CAG,

If Wescot are threatening doorstep visits after all this time something would appear to be wrong, if any enforcement action was possible one would have expected it to have happened some time ago.

So I suggest a CCA request to Wescot together with the £1 fee, and statement as follows.

The Compliance Manager

Wescott Credit Services.

Ref: use theirs.

Sir /Madam,

I refer to Wescots communication dated xx xx xxxx and have noted the threat of ''doorstep collection'' please take note NO SUCH VISIT will be tolerated I do NOT discuss financial matters with unknown itinerant persons off the street, should any such ''agent'' attend my home they will be INVITED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY or be removed.

If you need further help just alert me.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi Brigadier ,

Thanks for the welcome and reply .

I'll find a template for a cca request ,do i have to give my name or just state from the occupier ?

i have had no previous dealings with westcot to date.

Natwest apparently tried to ciontact me in april at a previous address in an attempt to notify me they had passed my details onto westcot.

Also do i add the notice above you advise INTO the cca or send two separate registered /recorded letters?

Many thanks

Norman

Hello Norman,end

Yes give your name address and the account details and previous address, don't sign the letter print your name.

Send the notice in a separate envelope inside the one for the CCA save postage!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

is this debt on your CRA file?

see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx

i'd have thought it is ,but don't know for sure .

I tried to do the noddle thing in your signature but i get so far and then it needs a credit card no.

and i don't have one.

thanks

Norman

visa debit card?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

you'll have to do the manual method

citizenB has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Help! - Natwest have instructed capquest - large debt - in the Debt Collection Industry forum of The Consumer Forums.

This thread is located at:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=330724&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:

not all the creditors/dcas report to ALL of the CRAs.. so to obtain a full check, you really need to contact the 3 main players.

Company Secretary

Equifax Limited

Capital House

25 Chapel Street

London

NW1 5DS

Company Secretary

CallCredit Limited

1, Park Lane,

LEEDS

West Yorkshire

LS3 1EP

Company Secretary

Experian Limited

Talbot House

Talbot Street

Nottingham

NG80 1TH

You can either complete the forms online or send a letter (below) with a £2.00 postal order.

---Quote---

All of the three Credit reference agencies offer a paper version and they only cost £2

Noddle (who are part of CallCredit) off free online credit reports but as they are the smallest of the threee, they may not have all the info

Experian paper app.

http://www.experian.co.uk/downloads/consumer/cfa.pdf

Call credit

http://www.callcredit.co.uk/media/53...itfile-app.pdf

Equifax

http://www.equifax.co.uk/Products/cr..._file_0310.pdf

Send with a £2 postal order.

You can use Experians online free trial. just make sure you cancel before the trial runs out

Address

Company Secretary

CallCredit Limited

1, Park Lane,

LEEDS

West Yorkshire

LS3 1EP

Dear Sir or Madam,

*Limited Data Subject Access Request

s9(2) The Data Protection Act 1998*

I hereby request a copy of my Statutory Credit Report, served under s9(2) of The Data Protection Act 1998.

I enclose the Statutory Fee of £2 paid via Postal Order, number: 123456.

For the purposes of confirming my identity, I can confirm the following details:

*My full name*:

*My Maiden Name: *

*My Date of Birth*:

*My current Address*:

I have lived at the above address for XX years.

I note that under s7(3) of the above Act, a data controller is not obliged to comply with a request under this section unless he is supplied with such information as he may reasonably require in order to satisfy himself as to the identity of the person making the request and to locate the information which that person seeks.

However, I feel the above information identifies me sufficiently to discharge your obligations to establish my identity before posting my Credit Report.

I am aware that you have 7 Working Days to post the Credit Report to me, commencing the day after this s9(2) Statutory Request has been delivered to your Company.

*This letter must not be regarded as granting your Company any Data Consent*.

Yours faithfully,

*Enclosures:

*1 x Statutory £2.00 Fee via Postal Order Number: 123456

*Notes*:this letter is being sent via Royal Mail Special Delivery service

---End Quote---

there is also

www.checkmyfile.com

....ends

dx

and they

Thanks dx

that's great info!

should i still perform a cca request as advised above ?

my situation is similar to the guy's on the link ,except i've paid mine until

about 8 months ago,albeit a few quid a month,

and i've only only lived at new address for a few months .

I also have same concerns about 'confirming' anything as i'm assuming they got my details

from the occupant of my old address.

But i guess we'll see when i do these cra checks ?:-)

many thanks for the help!

norman

• 2 months later...

Hi all

After sending cca request ,i heard nothing back for around 6 weeks (apart from a couple of threats from wescots other office csl)

i then recieved a letter earlier this week :

"Dear Sir/Madam

client ref no.---------

wescot ref no.--------------

client;natwest retail

balance;£4000+

We refer to your recent communication .Having contacted our client they have provided you with a copy signature.Please see attached .

In the circumstances ,we believe the dispute has now been resolved and the full balance or an agreed monthly instalment is required by return.Payment can be made by debit card(subject to acceptance) by calling wescot payment hotling or pay online . Alternatively telephone us to set up a direct debit or standing order. etc etc.

In the event you believe you still have a valid dispute ,please contact us with the details within the next 14 days otherwise your account will be returned to our recovery team for collection.

yours faithfully etc.

Accounts collection controller"

They've sent me a photocopy of a signature which looks like it was from 2003 when the signatory has opened an account at natwest. (The loan they are referring to was taken out in late 2005/early 2006)

No return of postal order or explanation why they haven't fullfilled the cca request and no mention of it apart from obviously referring to my correspondence which confirms they've recieved it.

What is the best way to proceed with this now ?any advice appreciated .

Thanks

Norman

so that's not a CCA return by any means

they should be replying with

a copy of the loan agreement

acopy of the relevant T&C at the time of the agreement

and

a statement of account.

if this is obv not the above

then fire off the failure to comply letter to wetcloths.

did you ever get that CRa done?

might be an idea to SAR Lloyds and get all the statements they have

for all you know

you could have already paid this off

have heaps of PENALTY charges to reclaim

have PPI and other insurances to reclaim.

it smacks to me that your payments to Moorcroft might also not have gone off the balance too

unhless a DCA OWNS A DEBT, never ever Pay aDCA

always pay the original creditor.

dx

and they

Hi dx thanks for the reply

Firstly ,is it one of these i need send to wescot for failure to comply to request...(ah link doesn't work cos of mypost count .)

I have one of the credit reports (experian) it looks complicated /confusing,

the original loan is shown as late 2005 default date is shown as sept 08 ,

then on a separate entry it shows current account charges for over 600 reduced by just under 200 by them

when i phoned up to complain ,

i'm guessing they're lumping the two together to come up with the balance they claim i owe.

The charges are down as a current account opened in 03 with a default date as sept 08 also

.But any payments made are only shown off the loan not the charges.

There's also a credit card entry listed as Lowells for just over 200 ,

(which was a cap one card ) which shows some payments but with a bigger start balance than i agreed to with cap one when i started paying it .

I asked capital one to send me details of payments etc. over a year ago but they never ,

apparently they sent a letter to my old address saying they'd sold it to lowell.

Do i send a cca request to lowells now too as they've been sending me lots of spiteful threatening correspondence for last few mths?

many thanks

Norman

Edited by norman13

I think you need to be sending a few SAR's too the originalcreditors.

so you've three account on the cra file?

dx

and they

• 5 weeks later...

I sent a non compliance to cca request letter to wescot which they recieved just under a month ago.

They replied with an apolegetic but standard looking letter ,saying they are looking into it

and another similar one a few days ago (which strangely was dated the same day i recieved it!)

stating that they were looking into it and that "all other activity surrounding the relevant file remains suspended until the matter is resolved"

Then ,Yesterday i recieved a visit from a guy trying to hand me a letter from csl (wescots other office or solicitors)

I refused to accept it and told him he they shouldn't be contacting me about this as i'd sent a cca request to wescot

that hadn't been complied with and i'd be making a complaint.

Where do i go from here ,do i send csl (who i have not wrote to or had any dealings with before) a cca request ?

Or do i complain to them ,Wescot and the relevant bodies ?

any advice appreciated thanks

Norman

Norman how much is owed,? This 'visitor' could be a process server/solicitors agent delivering a statutory demand.

Hi Brigadier

Just over 4000 ,there was a 400-500 difference between their amount and the banks amount which i guessed included bank charges lumped in . Wescot recieved my cca request in august and still not provided it.

Should i have accepted the letter?

Hello Norman,

I hope my suspicions are wrong on a debt of that size a Stat Demand is a distinct possibility the bankruptcy threshold is £750.00.

I take it there has no court action previously?

Csl??? Could also be that well known DCA- credit solutions ltd

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

no there's been no court action previously ,i've never dealt with either company before either.

should i send a a cca request to the csl company too?

surely i'm entitled to know what the demands are for and a full statement of the account showing any payments and charges?

Not sure i understand what a statutory demand is but i have nothing to take (except computer i'm writing this on )

am long term unemployed ,no wish to get credit again .

How could i be made to be made bankrupt would they take the costs from going bankrupt from benefits?

I did mention in another thread the other week about applying for a debt relief order

but had no response so thought maybe they're frownded upon or something.

I asked him his name but forgot now what it was.

He confirmed he was on behalf of csl (credit security limited they're from high wycombe)

he also confirmed that they were acting on behalf of wescot ,

i showed him the latest letter from wescot that i quoted from earlier ,

told him that if someone sends me demands to pay a debt i'm entitled to know what i'm paying for ,he agreed and left.