• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

First Plus early settlement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all!

I have 6 months left to run on my First Plus secured loan.

I am in the process of selling my house and don't want to take the loan with me - I want shot of it and First Plus for good.

I have been paying the loan for the past 7 years, claimed back the ppi etc.

I was just wondering what the final settlement may be? My credit file shows £800 remaing on the loan.

I have wrote to them, but when phoneing to chase them this morning, I got told to be patient!!!

Many thanks,

Bannister007:roll:

Hi all!

I have 6 months left to run on my First Plus secured loan.

I am in the process of selling my house and don't want to take the loan with me - I want shot of it and First Plus for good.

I have been paying the loan for the past 7 years, claimed back the ppi etc.

I was just wondering what the final settlement may be? My credit file shows £800 remaing on the loan.

I have wrote to them, but when phoneing to chase them this morning, I got told to be patient!!!

Many thanks,

Bannister007:roll:

It took us nearly six months to get a settlement figure and that was only after intervention by FOS. FP also had to pay us £300 compensation.

Thanks, Surfer01.

I bet if I wanted to take the loan to the next house, they would jump at the chance.

When I mentioned this to my bank, they couldn't understand it, as most banks can give a settlement figure over the phone!

It took us nearly six months to get a settlement figure and that was only after intervention by FOS. FP also had to pay us £300 compensation.

I phoned again today. apparently it takes 7 working days from request, so if I phone AGAIN tomorrow, it will be on their system.

It should arrive by post on Friday, according to their customer services.

We will see!..........................

I phoned again today. apparently it takes 7 working days from request, so if I phone AGAIN tomorrow, it will be on their system.

It should arrive by post on Friday, according to their customer services.

We will see!..........................

Maybe after their spanking with us they will oblige. Still do not understand why it woudl take 7 days to issue a settlement figure as with a computer it should take less than 5 minutes?

Latest update....

Phoned at lunchtime, agirl answers, yes it has been done but it's not on the system...put on hold for nearly 10 minutes.

'Do you mind if I call you back?' she says, I offer to phone them, but she would rather phone me.

Two hours later, she does phone back with a figure. I ask how to pay, she replys, 'any credit card or bank transfer, but we don't take Barclay Card!'

I then pay straight away, over the phone with a credit card (the money to clear the loan was in my savings account), she gives me a confirmation number, tells me to cancel direct debit, as they 'can't do it at our end'?

Confirmation letter in the post.

And that's it. 7 years and 2 months of payments to First Plus over.

It seems like they have got there act together a bit, maybe due to all the complaints!

To be honest, I was worried about First Plus due to all the trouble I have read about, and as I am hoping to move house in the next 2 months, I thought they would halt everything!