SSE ongoing problems

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I moved to my present home 3 years ago SSE were the electricity supplier and I reluctantly accepted them. I have had numerous problems over the years which have not been resolved.I live on my own and am very careful with use of electricity. The last year the prices have skyrocketed and they say I owe around £1,300. They put a new meter in about 2 years ago and I have not been able to provide my readings because the meter does not show the details. I have sent many letters outlining my disagreements with their service but they admit nothing and continue harrassing me. They have sent debt collectors (charging about £48 for the visit), refused to accept that their readings are incorrect, threatened me with fitting a prepayment meter (I live in a rural area and the only shop does not have the facility for top-ups for SSE). They have also threatened me with legal action, saying they will get a warrant and will send bailiffs round.I contacted Consumer Focus who it seems clear now to me are working hand-in-hand with SSE. They are not working for consumers despite the fact that their website says they help consumers.I am unwell and am on benefits. The stress is causing me sleepless nights. I believe I would fall into the category of vulnerable consumers and have told them this, but nothing seems to change.If anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve this, I would be pleased to hear. Thanks for reading this.

Edited by Sparkles1
no paragraphs

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if anyone can help with my query above. Sorry it's in a chunk of text. I tried three times to put it into paragraphs but it reverted back.I'll try to explain it again.1) I am disputing the amount as it seems excessive. 2) I cannot provide my own reading.3) They are threatening legal action (warrant, putting in a pre-payment meter).As I live on my own and am not well (and am on benefits) it would be scary for me to have a pre-payment meter. The only shop nearby does not provide top-ups for SSE so I could be without heating in the winter.Any suggestions please