• Tweets

• @BankFodder sorry for the delay and thank you for the lengthy reply. Yes, I agree. It's a small business and the guy is very very decent. I know someone else said my priority shouldn't be worrying whether he gets shafted but I'm not here to try and screw him over because I feel like if someone behaves decently and gets exploited, they might not behave so kindly in the future. I know DX mentioned he thinks I've caused the issue by leaving multiple instructions, but I have already explained why and both instructions were to leave it with a neighbour and there was nothing advising the driver to abandon the parcel on my doorstep. I don't think leaving it there could be considered a safe place.  I am still waiting on the retailer to respond. Ultimately, I wanted to know how he would proceed if DPD's response isn't favourable. I am certainly not looking to cause any problems. I just want my laptop. I will read the other posts for sure. I've been a bit preoccupied with family stuff. I have nothing in writing from DPD as I phoned them, but they did advise it should be the retailer that liaises with them. I tried contacting the driver straight after deliver via Whatsapp, as that's an option, but it said I couldn't send him a message and I have kept that log. We all know who took the parcel on our street, because that person has a history of parcel theft, but I don't have a doorbell camera or cctv. Police are refusing to intervene, despite the fact that I, along with several other people, spotted another's neighbour's parcel in said "suspect's" car and confronted her to get the parcel back. If the police had acted sooner, I might have had a better chance of getting the parcel back, but I suspect the laptop has long been sold on.  When the retailer responds, I will send him the link to this thread. Hopefully, he will benefit from the information on here as well.
    • @dx100uk none of the instructions advised them to leave the parcel on my door step and without such instructions., I'm struggling to see why they think it's ok to just dump it there.
    • I have checked. No recording was triggered by the camera - I don't have loop recording, only proximity and vibration sensor triggered recording - abs and since he took photos from afar and did not physically touch my car - no recording was done. 
    • He also useing he girlfriend to phone and mesage people as well
    • No TIC sheet with journeys history as I can see within the letter pack. Should there be one? Maybe they didn't look into it thoroughly?  No other pleading letter, only the one from above.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dave takes on the Halifax *** WON ***

Sledge
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all :) Having been with the halifax for 16 years now.....i finally got told by someone about your site. My bank charges, as i remember them, are quite substantial. Have been reading through your sites forums, i am greatly impressed, it has given me the will to finally take some action.

Am sending off my letter to ask for statements tomorrow morning. In accordance with your advice, i have opened a new account with my wages already going in....so i am now ready :)

Wish me luck all, i apologise in advance for some rather silly questions that may come from me in the future.

Thanks for at least giving me the bottle to finally follow it through.

Will keep you posted.

Request for statements sent 19/10/06

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello to all :) Having been with the halifax for 16 years now.....i finally got told by someone about your site. My bank charges, as i remember them, are quite substantial. Have been reading through your sites forums, i am greatly impressed, it has given me the will to finally take some action.

Am sending off my letter to ask for statements tomorrow morning. In accordance with your advice, i have opened a new account with my wages already going in....so i am now ready :)

Wish me luck all, i apologise in advance for some rather silly questions that may come from me in the future.

Thanks for at least giving me the bottle to finally follow it through.

Will keep you posted.

Luck not required you will be just fine.:D

Some more news! My wife has been charged thirty nine earth pounds for going ten pence overdrawn!!!! How dare she!

She has just sent off for her statements!!!! This will be interesting!

Still waiting for my statements to arrive. Had a missed phone call today from Halifax....wonder what that could be about! They were so polite telling my wife that they dont wanna talk to her....she only asked for a number so i could ring them back!

Anyways, checked my online statements for one account with them.....in forty days i had ELEVEN charges at thirty nine earth pound for each charge!! And they wonder why i went overdrawn! That was my savings account too!!! Oh i am sooo going to enjoy this!

Edit: This phone call i am awaiting! Is this the part where i tell them that they do all correspondence in writing?

You got that right, Dont talk to them over the phone, I think they have been training new staff to take the calls, probs coz the old staff have left due to high stress levels from all the members on here lol

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Good Luck Sledge. Sounds as if you're going to have quite a substancial claim. Never seen an instance whereas the Halifax has called to speak with a customer regarding a SAR request. Maybe they're trying to knock it on the head while they think they can and try to discourage you from continuing?

Stick to your guns. I have been offered 10% goodwill, 30 % goodwill. Filed MCO for £1750 last week, which they haven't even acknowledged yet.

Regards

S

Halifax PLC - £607 - SETTLED IN FULL

Halifax Card Services - £1142 - SETTLED IN FULL

MBNA Europe - £842 - SETTLED IN FULL + INTEREST!

thanks Angi and spuddy :) Got a letter today, my current account , although within its overdraft limit....for once....has not got a regular wage going into it (because i have now got it going into a different bank)...therefore in order to retain my overdraft and other facilities please make a payment within 7 days and continue to fund your account on a regular basis!

I find it cheaper NOT to fund my account with halifax to be honest! I have spoken to them on the phone reference this and explained that my account is currently in dispute. It seems apparent that the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing!!

They are happy to hold on any further contact until my dispute is settled.

Edit: spelling!!!

Hello again. Thought i would chase up my SAR today, find out that it isnt logged on their computers about it :S

I have customer care ringing me back tomorrow before 5pm. I have noted the time of the call and the content. Got me thinking though, what if i dont recieve my statements after the forty days has expired? (29 november)

I cannot go onto the next step as i will need my statements to verify the amount they appear to owe me, i thought i saw something on the forums a while ago but i cannot seem to find it again!

Any help is, of course, greatly appreciated.

Okay!! Had no phone call yesterday, not really surprised to be honest. So i phoned them up today. Still no record of it arriving...although i have one ;) I was advised to go into my local branch and submit the request there with a copy of the proof of delivery. I did this, much to the shock of the cashier!! Obtained a receipt saying what i had requested the branch to do and they have faxed the information to head office. At least now they have a record of it!

Now i take it that the forty days still applies from when i originally sent the first letter? Which means their time is up on the 29th november. I trust due to the limited replies, i am doing the right thing here....its only what i am reading from what the other forum posts have said.

However, if i am going wrong somewhere, or may have overlooked something....please help me out :) Many thanks

Recieved a nice phone call today. Halifax have now officially found my request, and i will have the statements at the end of the month...deep joy.

This could be interesting!

Okay, my statements arrived from one of my two accounts this morning. So my question is this....can i now proceed with the next stage or would it be better to wait for the other account statements to arrive...as i only sent the one letter requesting statements for two accounts?

Hiya Sledge, thanks for the comments on my post! :D

If I were you I would continue with the account you have your statements for, as it would probably be easier to do separate claims for each one anyway? Will also keep you occupied while waiting for your other statements to come through!!

All the best with it!

xox

• Haha 1

Springer :p

This morning, i got a standard (it seems) letter from my adorable money looker afterers!!!

It goes,

Thankyou for your letter requesting specific info on your account with us, i can confirm that your statements have been ordered and will be sent under seperate cover.

With regards to your request for info relating to manual intervention to your account, we are unable to assist further with this. blah blah blah.

Looks pretty standard thus far.

Just waiting for the other set of statements.....oh and the wife is eagerly awaiting her statements too.

Will keep you posted...for those that are interested.

An interesting developement! Got a lot of post from halifax this morning. One stating, that i would recieve my statements before the 27th december...stalling me!! The other lot of mail was my entire history of my joint account (about three years) and my ENTIRE history of my current account (17 years)!!!!

So, the question i am asking now is, (and consider i have already sent off for claiming my current account from the last 6 years) do i resend my spreadsheet, for the entire history of my bank charges....it will probably double the amount, and start the calender clock from the day i send them off?? If so, how do i tell them to scrub the last one and start frwesh from this one?!?!?! Im really no good at the formal legal type of letters. Any help gratefully welcomed please.

Hiya

All you have to do, is add the charges to the spreadsheet, you dont need to tell them anything.

Remember you can add charges right up to the court claim.

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

Hey, anything over 6 years is the same. If they do it for 12 years or 30 years it works on the same principle. Yes i have seen some people on here do it quite well with little fuss. Why not?! Its up to you how far back you go, im sure there are some other threads on here that show you how to do it and how to edit the letters to match. I would keep them updated though with the schedules up till court, i.e if the amount does change then i would indicate this in your pre lim or your LBA just topping up the amount on the spreadsheets each time.

• Haha 1

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.