style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can someone tell me if British gas should have informed me that they were increasing my monthly direct debit for gas

I have both gas and electric with them paid separately by direct debit my electric payment comes out in a few days so i am just waiting to see if they increased that also without informing me

I knew at some point they would have to put the direct debit up (I am not in arrears') because of the increase in prices but i am not happy that I wasn't informed before the payment increase

Edited by hallowitch

They have a duty under the Direct Debit guarantee to inform you at least 10 working days before the DD claim of any change in the amount. if they have not done this you are entitled to a full and immediate refund from your bank who will then reclaim the money from bg. Bear in mind though that if you do this the money will still need paying at some point.

have you checked your last bill for any messages from them about your DD?

Hiya, in that case i would be sending a stern letter of complaint to BG as this is non-compliance with the DD scheme. It probably won't achieve anything, but it is worth it as it's another complaint for their reporting to Ofgem

If your gas and electric are separate accounts, they would also need to send two letters, and it would be unusual for both to go missing!