What a response

Firey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I sent the first letter with charges to the bank of scotland on the 14th of September, got the response, standard, on the 20th. Sent the Letter before action on the 28th of September. I just received this letter dated the 11th of October in response to the first letter I sent. I stated at the top the name of my business and account number so there should have been no mixup as stated.

I refer to my colleague's letter dated 18th September 2006 , regarding your complaint against Bank of Scotland.

I would first of all lilke to apologise that the acknowledgement of your complaint was sent by our Personal Banking Customer Relations Department. Unfortunately, as your letter was not on company headed paper, it was mistakenly treated as a personal account complaint. The relevant Business Leaflet is now enclosed, which explains how Business Banking, handle their complaints.

My understanding of your complaint is that you feel the charges that have been applied to your account, are illegal, and you have asked the Bank to consider refunding you in full. You have supplied details of the amounts that have been debited from your account. You have based your request on the recent media coverage surrounding the decision by the OFT relating to credit card charges, and have mentioned the Consumer Credit Act.

I am unaware why you have mentioned the Consumer Credit Act, as this relates to authorised borrowing, however the decision by the OFT relates to personal credit card customers, and in no way relates to business customers.

As you will know , you entered into an agreement with the Bank, when you applies for your account. The Bank's charging policy is clearly outlined, at the outset, and it is then the customer's responsibility to ensure sufficient cleared funds are in their account, to honour any debits presented. The Bank cannot be held reponsible, if a customer operates their account, outwith the agreed terms and conditions. As there has been no bank error in applying these charges, I must decline your request for a refund. I am very sorry you have had cause to complain. You recently recieved a leaftlet explaining our procedures. Should any of your concerns remain unresolved please let me know what you'd like me to do to put matters right. We are keen to resolve your concerns, if we are unable to do so we#ll provide you with details of how you can contact the Finincial Ombudsman Service for help. If I don't hear from you in the next eight weeks, I will assume you are happy

Sincerely

Yvonne Sneddon

Senior Customer Relations Manager

I have sent the LBA letter but have had no reponse to that one. The two weeks are more than up on that what should I do know.

Puzzled.... Firey

Firey,

I got the same responce from the same unhelpful woman.

Sue, I did and they payed up in full.

Best wishes.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert