Start Again..?

stevep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I originally got to send Lloyds a Letter Before Action back in April, which they responded to some 4 weeks later.

In the mean time I had a few changes to my personal circumstances which made this fuss with the bank seem a bit insignificant and so i didn't follow it through with the court case etc.

Do i now have to start again with another "Letter before action" or can i just file for a claim? Any advice welcome

Ok if you got as far as letter before action technically you could file a small claim today against them.

Personally I would write them a letter giving them another 7 days (as they have had almost 5 months to sit on your letter) to reconsider, then file your claim refer back to your april letters and use the same letter before action from the bank templates library, just modify it to suit your circumstances.

I would definately do this as some banks will plead that they close case files 8 weeks following no response! So be on the safe side and give them the extra few days and in the meantime you can read up and prepare you small claim!

• 4 weeks later...

Did the "right thing", sent them another letter. Got their "Final Response" then realised I hadn't sent a copy of the charges I was querying- Doh!!

Sent that, then filed for action with Money Claim - got my case number today 6QZ80676 - let battle commence!!