Santander refusal

locksmith1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a very detailed emaill to Santander asking f them to refund me fees and fines for the last 5 years as I am really suffering right now. I am self employed, had a drop in income, am not paid regularly and have been diagnosed as depressed for the last three years due to financial stress. by the time I am paying around £100 in fines to Santander every month. They have refused after looking at the transactions on my account and referencing things such as the fact I purchased clothes and do not have things like Payday lenders on it! They also took a detailed look at my credit card transactions, even though my hardship case was based on my current account. (I can't understand why Santander allowed me this card with £6000 credit when my credit rating was dismal then). they have offered me a loan instead, for which my account will become a basic one and I will not have a debit card. Considering my wife, two teenage children and I are existing on our tax credits mostly (as by the time I get paid I can barely pay one or two outstanding bills), does the fact that I need to clothe my children mean I am not suffering?

what should I do?

Edited by locksmith1

• 1 month later...

Hi Locksmith,

Sorry this went unanswered - there's a lot CAG to cover.

Have a look at the possibility of taken direct action against the bank using BCOBs - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/redirect.php?x=http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?827-Examples-of-unfair-treament

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)