Provident - a couple of questions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm on my second provident loan, as is my partner. On both of our repayment books there is no % rate for both loans, this has been left blank. Should this have been filled out?

Secondly, our agent is a young lady, whose husband is also an agent, both sharing the first initial 'S'. The name of the agent on the front of the book is of the husband, even though neither of us has seen him, despite this being the agent who is supposed to have issued the loans. Is this just a harmless clerical error, or is something not right?

Lastly, on checking my statement, the majority of payments there is a difference of 2 or 3 days between date of collection in the book, and the date on the statement. But on a few of the payments the date differs by 10 or so days. Now, I understand there will be a delay in the info reaching wherever, but a week and a half? Incidentally, we make our payments fortnightly.

Anything to be concerned about with the above?

Thanks,

Who signed the loan forms on behalf of Provident. Ask her outright if she works for Provident and is a recognised signatory if you're concerned. Agents are generally self employed so I don't really see a problem.

Monies credited to your account are going to be delayed, there is a once a week collection of paperwork by courier, therefore if that collection happens on a Monday at 10am and the Agent visits you on a Tuesday there is going to be a time delay before the paperwork gets to your regional office. Ask the Agent why the longer time period occurred, it could simply be they were ill or maybe they went away for a few days.

Ok, so the fact the loan was issued by someone we haven't seen is fine then? We've always dealt with his wife, never seen him.

Technically, he should issue the loan in your own home. Just mention this to her and request if you do want another loan then you'd like him to call. If they both have the same initial do you know for sure it is not her signature. Agents can certainly have trained 'deputies' to collect money with no problem.