Equidebt letter.

rgoff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I am writing this as I'm a little confused.

Back in 2004 I had an HSBC current account that became overdrawn.

I rang them and they very kindly cancelled the money I owed them and closed the account.

I remember this as at the time I was very surprised that they cancelled it and I didn't have to pay.

The overdraft was charges from the bank which may be why.

About a week ago I received a letter from Equidebt saying they were looking for me which I ignored.

Today I received a debt collection notification saying the creditor is Activ Kapital and its for an HSBC current account.

If it is my debt I know the debt must be SB as it was so long ago,

I'm just confused as I'm sure my HSBC matter was closed, as it was at my parents address so I would have still received correspondance had it not been.

I know the previous tenant at my current address has a lot of debt and I am just wondering if it is my debt

or hers and they're writing to me as I now live there.

Any advice on whether I should ignore them or write to them would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

Hi, It is unlikely that debts have been ''mixed up'' as data on debts is on the individual not the address

So if there has been no payment or written avknowledgment of the debt in 6 clear years it is statute barred,if you are sure of this send the following letter to Equidebt (this letter does not acknowledge the debt or restart the stat barred clock.

The Compliance Manager

Equidebbt.

Ref: use the one on their letter.

Sir/Madam,

I am in receipt of your letter dated xx xx xxxx in which you allege I owe a debt for £xxxxxxx to your client Aktiv Kapital originally relating to an HSBC account.

Please note I do not acknowledge any debt to Equidebt or its' client Aktiv Kapital.

Having reviewed my credit history I have concluded that any such alleged debt is statute barred, therefore I will not make any payment or offer of payment in relation to the alleged debt.

Should Equidebt or its client wish to dispute the status of the alleged debt I reminded that the onus of providing unequivocal proof of the status of the debt falls entirely on Equidebt and its client.

This is my final response.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: