trying to get an experian report

postggj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been paying £1.99 a month to Experian for notification about changes to my credit report. Trying to cancel this is is proving rather difficult. I will deal with this later but what i am after is an online copy of my credit report. I realise it will cost about £15.00 for an instant online report, but i am happy with that

The problem is when i log into my experian account, it will not give me the option to purchase my online report without pushing me to upgrade to their full package, and yes, i have used their free 30 day package in the past

All i want is to log into my Experian account and pay £15.00 for my report to have it instantly downloaded without being pushed into upgrading to their full package

Well i finally got a phone number and talked to a phone drone at Experian. They wanted me to sign up for some package at £9.00 to be able to view my credit report, once i signed up, i would then downgrade. Well then Experian, i do not wish to set up any contractual agreement with you to view my report. All i requested was an opportunity to pay xyz and have an instant download of my report, nothing else.

The consequence of this is that i managed to cancel this Credit Watch subscription at £1.99 per month at long last, mind you it was like pulling teeth, i did admire her perseverance in trying to encourage me not to cancel.

Of course they are going to do the hard sell, they are making £23.88 pure profit per year from watching subscriber credit fiels. Pure profit

All that is happening behind the scenes is a little old computer script running all on its lonesome, programmed either in something like Python, Ruby, VB or C#, quite simple

The code would be something as simple as these 4 lines to check for changes to credit files

1:        if old_credit_file_snapshot()  new_credit_file_snapshot then
2:            submit_credit_file_change_alert(customerID)
3:        else
3:            old_credit_file_snapshot() = new_credit_file_snapshot
4:        end if

all that pure profit for a script on similar lines to that of above but wilth maybe 4 or 5 more lines.

All the staff will have been battered into submission by supervisors and line manager and told to SELL SELL SELL, as the big wig directors really do need that new Lamborghini and apartment in Florida.

Pure profit, what a great little earner this really is for them.

Anyway, sorry for the rant at the CRA, can you tell I don't like cra's?, ha ha

Note to self, Calm Down.... ;-)

Squaddie - I've got the exact same problem. I signed up the online report and then cancelled after my 'free' trial, ended up paying as I was a day too late with my cancellation. Anyway I was persuaded to take the credit watch rubbish, all its told me is Experian has searched my file, I've tried to cancel it by email, I have stopped the card servicing the payment and I'm getting emails telling me they are unable to collect my payment, I'm not protected!

I reply each time CANCEL!

All to no avail, I'll have to bite the bullet and ring emx

scotgal 