Yorkster Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Paul,

Glad it worked out for you. If the claim had been settled before Xmas I would have maybe settled, but now with Xmas bills on top of everything the few extra pounds will come in handy :)

Cheers

HALIFAX - S.A.R Sent 11/01/06 :)

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

LBA Sent 07/12/06 :rolleyes:

Offer received 21/12/06

MCOL Issued 02/01/07:)

CLAIM PAID IN FULL (£2531.00) 18/01/07 :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Halifax have acknowledged the MCOL and have responded by saying then intend to defend. The MCOL was served on the 8th Jan giving them 14 days to respond. The response was received on the 12th Jan, well ahead of their allowed time. My question is, the MCOL states that the bank have 28 days to reply to the claim, by reply does this mean enter a defense or their intention to defend? What time scales apply now??

As I understood it, the bank had 14 days to respond to the claim then another 14 days to enter their defense?? Is this right or am I getting confused?? If this is right, does the 14 days start from their intention to defend letter, or, from the 14th day after been served??

I hope this makes sense, any guidance would be appreciated :)

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here's a question.......why is everyone looking at me funny?? Is it something to do with the BIG GRIN spread across my face maybe???

You got it!!! Checked my bank account this morning to find the full value of my claim deposited!!! :D No letter, no denial or admission of fault, just a totally unexpected deposit :lol:

Who am I to argue with they do it......I WON!!!!!!!!! I now find myself £2531.00 better off thanks to you guys on here :)

Thanks again for all you help and support through what turned out to be a relatively painless experience. I'm not stopping here though, I've already been recruited to do the same for my sister so onwards and upwards!!! ;)

Prelim Sent 23/11/06 ;)

Offer received 21/12/06

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Congratulations Yorkie......!!!

:D :d

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Congratulations Yorkie - time to chalk up another victory to us all..!

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.